A FORUM STATUS UPDATE

I have zero insight into the interpretation of the below statistics, but wanted to share anyway.
View attachment 104718
View attachment 104719
And breaking down February 2021 to show the nuances of the above averages
View attachment 104720

Specifically what kind of customization are you curious about?

Maybe @RenegadeMonster could help fill in the blanks on this one, if possible.

We do turn up on Google search results. But as to where people are finding us I can't say for sure. I haven't enabled tracking analytics on this site. So we don't know if someone came from Reddit, Instagram, Google Search results and what not.

I believe we have also been mentioned on some other forums by posters over the past 2 years.

But we are currently not advertising to drive traffic to this site nor have we ever done that. Hence way way we are not tracking these types of statistics not to mention for everyone's privacy.

We do turn up on Google search results. But as to where people are finding us I can't say for sure. I haven't enabled tracking analytics on this site. So we don't know if someone came from Reddit, Instagram, Google Search results and what not.

I believe we have also been mentioned on some other forums by posters over the past 2 years.

But we are currently not advertising to drive traffic to this site nor have we ever done that. Hence way way we are not tracking these types of statistics not to mention for everyone's privacy.
Yeah I think there’s a good argument against tracking. Was more so wondering if there’s a way to set up like a questionnaire during account setup, like:

“How did you hear about us?”
  1. Google search
  2. Reddit
  3. Instagram
  4. From another user
  5. Other: [free text field]

Again, none of this really matters, necessarily. I just think that the way people stumble into communities like this one on the Internet is a curious phenomenon, is all.

Based on the data above it seems like there are consistently around 400 "active" users. I assume active means posts with some regularity. Whatever funds may be needed to sustain the forum beyond the next two years it might be useful to estimate the individual ask (if there ever was one) based on that $400. I'm guessing it's less than a modestly priced LP a piece.

Back