A FORUM STATUS UPDATE

That said, we will definitely need more funds come May 2023 at the latest. We've been fortunate enough from the initial Go Fund Me campaign to not have to rely on an annual drive or other income to maintain our forum access. Certainly another round of Go Fund Me as we near May 2023 is an easy and clear option, as well as community members supporting our merch store when possible in the meantime. In regards to our merch store(s), we are hoping to make more products and designs available to help entice your support through that stream, and in general make our merch options more desirable and easier to acquire. We are also open to suggestions of other potential funding sources as we move forward and the need for funding increases.
I just stumbled back across this thread and saw the top line. Are we at a point where we need to do another fundraiser?

CC @RenegadeMonster

I just stumbled back across this thread and saw the top line. Are we at a point where we need to do another fundraiser?

CC @RenegadeMonster

It's funny, I was talking to my wife about the site while it was down yesterday and seemed to remember May '23 being the thing. Then woke up to this post this morning.

I am also happy to pitch where and how I can. Thank you admins!

I'll pitch in either way too, but...
I'd still be down to do a fund raising auction where those of us who want donate records, whoever bids, and proceeds go to the site. I figure some might be more able to give a record than funds and others might be more likely to donate money if they get a record too.

Last edited:
I'll pitch in either way too, but...
I'd still be down to do a fund raising auction where those of us who want donate records, whoever bids, and proceeds to to the site. I figure some might be more able to give a record than funds and others might be more likely to donate money if they get a record too.
I like this idea.

Soon

It's something we have brought up in the past month between site admins that we need to do, but you know how things go and everyone is so busy. We haven't been able to connect and plan any fundraising yet.

@AndySlash @Colonel_Angus @GritNGlitter @nolalady

It's scrum time!
regardless of my very seldom contributions, this is a community that must be preserved.
You'll say funding and we'll contribute! we did it in 2019, we'll do it again.
I am in 100%.

@RenegadeMonster has disabled them until all the old photos are done transferring over. Very slowly.

And apparently pauses transfering when my mac goes to sleep.

Going to look into use the AWS Command Line Interface to copy the assets this weekend and hope that works better than uploading a folder through Chrome.

Back