A Drunken Thread For When You're A Drunken

I work at the most fucked up place.

Conversation last year:

Them: Why don’t you drink Fireball? They are our customer.

Me: Because I prefer Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire.

Them: But Jack Daniel’s isn’t our customer.

Me: Do you drink Fireball?

Them: No.

Me: Why don’t you drink Fireball?

Them: I did once. It’s nasty.

Me: Exactly

Them: Blank stare.

The owner actually forbid a VP from driving his Corvette to the office because it “looks bad” to other employees. They hinted at that with me and my Alfa. I told them I could park it at their competitor when I go to work there. That ended that conversation.

I literally dreamt about typing up my letter of resignation earlier this week. It was a good dream.

I work at the most fucked up place.

Conversation last year:

Them: Why don’t you drink Fireball? They are our customer.

Me: Because I prefer Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire.

Them: But Jack Daniel’s isn’t our customer.

Me: Do you drink Fireball?

Them: No.

Me: Why don’t you drink Fireball?

Them: I did once. It’s nasty.

Me: Exactly

Them: Blank stare.

The owner actually forbid a VP from driving his Corvette to the office because it “looks bad” to other employees. They hinted at that with me and my Alfa. I told them I could park it at their competitor when I go to work there. That ended that conversation.

I literally dreamt about typing up my letter of resignation earlier this week. It was a good dream.
I can never drink Fireball again. While I was already tipsy from wine one time at a party, I filled a wine glass with Fireball and drank most of it before throwing up (and it was ugly). Never again. That shit really isn't that good anyways, so I have zero problem saying that.

I'd actually be interested to hear more about that post.

From back in early February, when everything was comparatively okay.

Boy what a night! Had a hungover that some Tacos Al Pastor cured the day after.

Did you know that most gay bars in Mexico City welcomes you with a shot of "liqueur" before you enter the premises. I didn't. 🤣

I feel this thread has been shamefully neglected, but especially in these troubled times.

If quarantine doesn't make you drink like a monster, I can't roll with you.
@haydee a lot of this has been actually occurring in the cafe thread. Head there and check out the last few days worth of drunken posts...
Especially Saturday.

Last edited:
I'll always count on you to point me in the right direction, @Mather

I wish I'd known about this earlier. Saturday was my birthday, and it sucked.
Awww damn. I'm sorry @haydee, birthdays during this shit are totally crap. I took the last 3 nights off from drinking after about 25 straight therapy drinking nights. In honor of your birthday this Saturday I will get very drunk and post dumb stuff on here until I pass out.
Oh also, if you read through the cafe posts from yesterday you'll learn a very odd fact about who I am. Normally I wouldn't bother drawing attention to this but hey we're all suck inside so any sort of amusement however brief is probably worth it at this point...

I'll always count on you to point me in the right direction, @Mather

I wish I'd known about this earlier. Saturday was my birthday, and it sucked.
happy belated, sweet @haydee! @Mather's def pointing you the right way. no holds now, all threads are drunken threads! maybe today will be better and we can just pretend this is your 2020 birthday.

Not drunk, but put in a sizeable order at the local meadery today. Drinking this yummy one now. My wife really likes mead, most of it I’m just okay with but honeygirlmeadery.com makes mead that I actually like as opposed to tolerate. This is a new one with dark maple and aged in oak.
A353D2A1-0CF1-4C4C-B4F4-B9432A9FE49A.jpeg

Here’s the haul:
3D315E30-CC34-4478-A864-E8FE49056505.jpeg
There’s the maplewood from above, a wildflower (aged in bourbon barrels which is exciting, only problem it’s aged in Mystic Bourbon - a local spirit, so I get it; but it’s the only bourbon I’ve ever had that I did not like), and a strawberry. Those are all new to us. The rest are old faves : ginger, fig orange blossom, orange blossom and Blueberry.

Not drunk, but put in a sizeable order at the local meadery today. Drinking this yummy one now. My wife really likes mead, most of it I’m just okay with but honeygirlmeadery.com makes mead that I actually like as opposed to tolerate. This is a new one with dark maple and aged in oak.
View attachment 41441

Here’s the haul:
View attachment 41442
There’s the maplewood from above, a wildflower (aged in bourbon barrels which is exciting, only problem it’s aged in Mystic Bourbon - a local spirit, so I get it; but it’s the only bourbon I’ve ever had that I did not like), and a strawberry. Those are all new to us. The rest are old faves : ginger, fig orange blossom, orange blossom and Blueberry.
@Jonathan Y are you jealous of all of Lee’s mead?
Hoooo Lee Shit Lee.

Yes joe. I'm jelly no peanut butter right now 😵🔥

Hoooo Lee Shit Lee.

Yes joe. I'm jelly no peanut butter right now 😵🔥
Get you a mead that can do both.... right chere

View attachment 41441

Here’s the haul:
View attachment 41442

Don't think I've ever heard or tasted mead.

Back