80's / Eighties

Those yellow pants are toooooooo tight!
Also I would've learned the alphabet more quickly with this musical accompaniment.

Are you (or is anyone here) grabbing those Joy Division 12" reissues?
I played it for my daughter this morning and she loved it.

And yes, I did order them. Couldn’t resist

I played it for my daughter this morning and she loved it.

And yes, I did order them. Couldn’t resist

We'll have to compare notes then. I don't have earlier versions, but thought you might... for some reason I felt like these would be nicer than prior reissues

We'll have to compare notes then. I don't have earlier versions, but thought you might... for some reason I felt like these would be nicer than prior reissues
I don’t own earlier 12” JD ones, just a 7”. I think the recent remastering for JD is generally good, the albums sound good, and if they’re using similar sources as the recent singles compilation, these should be good, too.

Maybe it is because present time is so shitty, but I've been super nostalgic lately. Revisiting a lot of tunes from the 80s and 90s that I haven't thought about in years. This was one of my favorite videos growing up. And the song holds up really well too.

I think Wang Chung used literally every 80s video technique in this one. Always liked this song, which I think was the follow up to 'Everybody Have Fun Tonight'.

Has there been any movie or tv show set in the 80s that has used this song for a prom scene? Because someone definitely should have done that by now.

Wow, haven’t heard this in a while.

You wanna know how cool I was in the 80s? I used to listen to Breathe's "All That Jazz" album on my Walkman while I mowed the yard. Not U2, The Clash or AC/DC. No, I listened to Breathe's "All That Jazz". (Sighs heavily)
In the mid to late 80s I was still trying to master pegged jeans and wearing two pairs of socks with the tops pushed down to showcase how the two colors offset my white keds.

You wanna know how cool I was in the 80s? I used to listen to Breathe's "All That Jazz" album on my Walkman while I mowed the yard. Not U2, The Clash or AC/DC. No, I listened to Breathe's "All That Jazz". (Sighs heavily)

I was a major Duranee. Like I would make mix tapes of their 12 inch remixes and play that on repeat on the walkman. In my defense, I didn't just stick to Duran Duran, I did branch out to Arcadia and Power Station.

I was a major Duranee. Like I would make mix tapes of their 12 inch remixes and play that on repeat on the walkman. In my defense, I didn't just stick to Duran Duran, I did branch out to Arcadia and Power Station.

Hey, 'Election Day' and 'Some Like It Hot' were badass songs, so, no shame there. Duran Duran were video darlings, but, when you listen back to just the songs, many of them hold up very well.

Back