If I wait for just a second more,
I know I'll forget what I came here for,
My head was so full of things to say,
But as I open my lips all my words slip away
And anyway,
I can't believe you want to turn the page,
And move your life onto another stage,
You can change the chapter you can change the book,
But the story remains the same if you'd take a look.

Posted The Fugees 'Ready or Not' in the 90's thread since it popped up in my playlist while I was running this evening. This was the song that played right before that one. Very different tunes, but I love 'em both. This feels like a 90's tune to be honest.

I don't think I knew that Soul Asylum were even around in the 80's

OMD is an eighties band that I only got into a few years ago. I think all I knew was "If You Leave", "Tesla Girls" and "Sailing on the Seven Seas". They really have been a consistent band with only a few album duds. I think their last two albums "English Electric" and "The Punishment of Luxury" are really good.

Their album "Dazzle Ships" was a dud on release. It was the dreaded "ahead of it's time". It was a concept album on the role of technology in our lives. The cover alluded to the British Navy's method of painting their ships in patterns to camouflage them. The artwork of "Dazzle Ships" was done by Peter Saville, most famous for designing New Order's album Artwork.

Radiohead was definitely inspired by "Dazzle Ships". There's even a song on "OK Computer" called "Fitter Happier" that pays homage to "Genetic Engineering.

I've heard "Dazzle Ships" called the "Kid A" of the 80s. I think it was in this article listed below.

If you want to read more, Pop Matter's wrote up a really good piece on "Dazzle Ships" a few years ago.

Also, the half speed remasters from a couple years ago are really nice.

Back