2nd Annual N&G 31 Days of Halloween (2020)

18. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) 💀💀
19. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) 💀💀
20. Jason X (2002) 💀💀
21. Freddy vs. Jason (2003) 💀💀

Part 8 was the beginning of the end. None really have any redeeming qualities. FvJ was wasted with a bad director and story.

I never could get into the Friday the 13th films. Unsure why as I generally dig the Nightmare on Elmstreet style of horror.

I never could get into the Friday the 13th films. Unsure why as I generally dig the Nightmare on Elmstreet style of horror.

I always thought I was more a Freddy fan than the others...but as he got more jokey with the one liners I stopped.

He was more scary as a pedophile than a comedian.

But all of the big 3 had their stretches of bad movies.

I always thought I was more a Freddy fan than the others...but as he got more jokey with the one liners I stopped.

But all of the big 3 had their stretches of bad movies.
Very true. I much preferred the over the top ultra-violence of Miike films and other Asian horror auteurs. But I'm learning to love a lot of the schlocky Phantasm-esque stuff.

Very true. I much preferred the over the top ultra-violence of Miike films and other Asian horror auteurs. But I'm learning to love a lot of the schlocky Phantasm-esque stuff.

I love the Phantasm movies

I’m a Michael Myers kinda guy but still got love for Freddy and Jason.

And let’s not forget Ghostface. I actually really enjoy the Scream franchise

Last edited:
I’m a Michael Myers kinda guy but still got love for Freddy and Jason.

And let’s not forget Ghostface. I actually really enjoy the Scream franchise

With the exception of Part 3, I do like the Scream movies. I saw the first one at the theater in college with a group of friends from the dorm I was in at the time. That was a fun experience.

Last edited:
My new favorite Youtube channels - until they're taken down.

Plenty of obscure horror and exploitation.

and also

Last edited:
I've been watching, just keep forgetting to post. Here's what I've watched so far:

1. The Haunting (1963) 💀💀💀💀 - Classic supernatural (or psychological?) thriller. The atmosphere and the effects (mostly sounds, but a few visuals) still hold up really well today and don't seem dated. Scorsese's pick for scariest film of all time.
  2. Creep 2 (2017) 💀💀💀1/2 - I really enjoyed the first Creep, and the second is as good if not better. My first time watching this one. Both unsettling and funny, with a thoughtful plot that keeps it from being more of the same, but keeps the social commentary going.
  3. Repulsion (1965) 💀💀💀 1/2 -This is a Roman Polanski movie that i checked out since I love Rosemary’s Baby. This one’s slower and less engaging overall, but pretty creepy and unsettling with good effects that stand the test of time.
  4. The Fly (1986) 💀💀💀💀 - I love this one. Not really scary in any way, but extremely memorable and actually kind of heartbreaking. Good social commentary as well. Classic Jeff Goldblum.

22. Friday The 13th (2009) 💀💀1/2

It isn't great - and has some bad plot holes...but it's enjoyable. Plenty of kills and boobs.

Since I had the soundtrack sitting here, I watched this yesterday.

23. 555 (1988) 💀💀

I have a hard time with sleazy shot on video movies. Most of the time they just aren't that good. This one is ok.

NSFW Full movie below

24. Hatchet (2006) 💀💀💀
25. Hatchet 2 (2010) 💀💀💀

They aren't great movies, but they know what they are and don't take themselves too seriously. The next 2 will be watched soon, too.

26. Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II (1987) 💀💀💀

Actually better than the first Prom Night - even though it really has nothing to do with the first movie - other than having a Prom at the same school.
A mix of Carrie, Exorcist and A Nightmare on Elm Street.

7. The Mimic (2017) 💀💀💀
Pretty good, I feel like the movie was in a good place lore / story wise but could have been executed a little better. The setup was great and the ending was good but the way the "Mimic" was portrayed was kinda lame and ruined the buildup for me... Those who have seen this movie... read on
I was also confused by whats going on in the first scene. Husband kills his wife and throws her in the trunk with his girlfriend in front? What was the point of that? What does that have anything to do with the Mimic folklore. Was it just a random spot for him to dump (which turned out to be the wrong place) and ended up getting haunted by the Mimic to imitate his wife? Or did he know that spot was haunted by the Mimic and just wanted her to have a bad time? I tried looking up but couldn't find anything about what that scene was about...

04. Poltergeist - 💀 💀
This is considered a classic so this is a controversial rating maybe? I've forgotten but I've seen this before. There's a very Steven Spielberg does horror vibe to it. Not that its necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't really strike horror in my heart. I think the acting could be better too. There are a few good scenes in it but besides that, it seems really outdated to me.

Alternative title: How I bought a super vacuum for my kid's closet and now she's missing

I’m sure I read that they used real skeletons in the pool scene at the end but they didn’t tell the actress until after

'The Poltergeist': Yes, Those Are Real Skeletons Terrorizing JoBeth Williams in the Pool Scene

Looking for a film if anyone can help out, I saw a picture of it a while back but no idea what it’s called. It’s got a pumpkin man on the front and I’m sure it’s got Halloween in the title or terror or something along those lines 🤔

so far I’ve found Halloween at aunt Ethel and trick r treat but don’t think it’s any of those.

I’m sure I read that they used real skeletons in the pool scene at the end but they didn’t tell the actress until after

'The Poltergeist': Yes, Those Are Real Skeletons Terrorizing JoBeth Williams in the Pool Scene

If you watch the Poltergeist episode of Cursed Films on Shudder the crew member says that they were real, but were purchased at a medical supply company and then makeup effects were applied, which movies did a lot as it's cheaper to buy them than to sculpt them.

The rumors were always that they were actually dug up skeletons...which they weren't.

Im sure the actors knew what they were getting into...being in water everything was planned for safety.

Last edited:
If you watch the Poltergeist episode of Cursed Films on Shudder the crew member says that they were real, but were purchased at a medical supply company and then makeup effects were applied, which movies did a lot as it's cheaper to buy them than to sculpt them.

The rumors were always that they were actually dug up skeletons...which they weren't.

Im sure the actors knew what they were getting into...being in water everything was planned for safety.

Seems to have been the done thing at the time:

"According to Bruce Kasson, the assistant prop master, there was no such thing as a fake skeleton. “Replica skeletons did not exist, as far as I remember, at that time.” Now that there are fake skeletons that can be easily produced, modern movies wouldn’t dream of using real skeletons. But if The Poltergeist was cursed because of the skeletons, all horror movies made before the 1990s are in the same boat. "

You know the weird thing... I wasn't aware of the curse of the movie but I did look up the people in the movie because I was wondering what happened to them all while I was watching the movie, I was a bit surprised to find what happened to them

Back