2nd Annual N&G 31 Days of Halloween (2020)

Shout Factory

I pre-ordered early enough to get in on the poster and lithograph....the poster is a bit cheesy, but the lithograph is frameable.
Thanks! This is very tempting

Thanks! This is very tempting

I'm sure you can find a better price elsewhere. I think the official release date is the 13th.

Some of the features of the set - namely some of the new scans and the BluRay 3D version of part 3 - are hopefully worth it.

Some of the discs, FvJ and the remake, are the same old bluray discs just repackaged - but most of the other releases have some sort of new extra or something.

That debate makes me want to watch Psycho.

Phz2.gif

12. Friday The 13th (1980) 💀💀💀

I watched the uncut version that has about 11 extra seconds of death scenes...they just linger a bit more on some of the gore.

More giallo than not - this first entry to the series is a "who's the murderer" type slasher - which was not followed for the rest of the series.

12. Friday The 13th Part 2 (1981) 💀💀💀
13. Friday The 13th Part 3 3D (1982) 💀💀💀

Part 2 isn't too bad...and neither is part 3 when watched with this actual Bluray 3D - yeah, most of the 3D effects don't work that well because they don't keep what's flying at you in focus, but it's much better than the older anaglyph (red/cyan) versions.

14. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) 💀💀💀💀

Probably my favorite of the bunch. Definitely the better made movie of the series.

15. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985) 💀💀💀

It's not good...but it doesn't deserve all the bad reputation it gets. The "Imposter Jason" really only spoils the last few minutes of the movie...and any further re-watchings.

Last edited:
03. Host (2020) - 💀 💀 💀 💀

I'm not big on all the jump scare horror that is out there now...but this wasn't too bad. I think being 50+ minutes works well.

05. Host (2020) - 💀 💀
I ended up watching this one. I feel like maybe I'm harsher with my ratings. I thought it was interesting - definitely a horror film for today's worldly situation. I thought it was set up really well - and its cool they incorporated the feel of a movie completely shot using zoom meetings but felt maybe its a bit lacking in story a bit. I'm into this found footage genre like Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity - but part of the reason I was really into it was because of the backstory.

There's really not much history behind it besides a group of never been haunted people suddenly getting offed one by one for no reason in completely different locations.

06. 1922 (2017) - 💀 💀 💀
I thought the acting & story was great. Not sure if I'd consider this horror though. There's only really one ghost and all she does is deliver news and summon rats?? The ending was a bit lackluster too.

I'm watching a horror series on Netflix called "The Haunting of Hill House" - so far so good. Will also put in here when I'm done.

Last edited:
05. Host (2020) - 💀 💀
I ended up watching this one. I feel like maybe I'm harsher with my ratings. I thought it was interesting - definitely a horror film for today's worldly situation. I thought it was set up really well - and its cool they incorporated the feel of a movie completely shot using zoom meetings but felt maybe its a bit lacking in story a bit. I'm into this found footage genre like Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity - but part of the reason I was really into it was because of the backstory.

There's really not much history behind it besides a group of never been haunted people suddenly getting offed one by one for no reason in completely different locations.

06. 1922 (2017) - 💀 💀 💀
I thought the acting & story was great. Not sure if I'd consider this horror though. There's only really one ghost and all she does is deliver news and summon rats?? The ending was a bit lackluster too.

I'm watching a horror series on Netflix called "The Haunting of Hill House" - so far so good. Will also put in here when I'm done.

I really enjoyed the Haunting of Hill House ...

yeah only 2 episodes in and its great! Was confusing in the beginning - i thought the family living in the Hill House was a fictional family being written by Steven because the cast was different

Just finished The Haunting of Bly Manor ....very good too...not quite up to the a hill house standard but a good watch

16. Friday the 13th: Jason Lives (1986) 💀💀💀

Better than part 5 - but this is getting into the era of when the MPAA was all over these movies. Kills are pretty weak and gore-less...or off camera. Even the best kill, the back-breaker, is edited as far as it can go.

I wish they had the wherewithal to keep some of the uncut edits when they were chopping these down.

There's also a bit too much comedy/wink-wink moments for my liking in this one.

17. Ready or Not (2019) 💀💀💀

Think Babysitter - but with a bride and not a young boy.

That association really only comes because Samara Weaving plays the bride and was The Babysitter, but it's essentially the same plot.

It works...and I like pretty much everything Samara Weaving does...it surprises me she's not a bigger star.

I love a good horror film! Earlier this week I watched Halloween I, Halloween II, 31, and Mandy.

Tonight I am going to watch Verotika and most likely Tigers are Not Afraid.

I love October!

18. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) 💀💀💀

A Carrie vs Jason plot - it actually works fairly well. One of the best kills of the franchise is in this one...but most were cut down by the MPAA that there's barely any gore.

Kane Hodder makes his first appearance as Jason

Premiering tonight on Youtube...

A follow-up to the fan film Never Hike Alone.

Reactions: Tyr
The Autopsy of Jane Doe - 💀💀💀💀

Another good, suspenseful October treat :)

I've had the soundtrack to this for a while, but never got around to watching the movie. I even bought the blu ray ages ago.

Reactions: Tyr
18. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) 💀💀
19. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) 💀💀
20. Jason X (2002) 💀💀
21. Freddy vs. Jason (2003) 💀💀

Part 8 was the beginning of the end. None really have any redeeming qualities. FvJ was wasted with a bad director and story.

Back