$0V Sale - How'd Ya Do?

I gotta tell you, I play games like this more often than I should probably admit and they don't always pan out this well. Sometimes you just stay up all night working a dozen "free" VMP albums in your cart for the "get 3 free" deal just to have the order not go through or you rack up thousands of dollars credit through a referral program over a week only to have the company create arbitrary rules, after the fact, so they don't have to honor it.

I went from slightly disappointed for not placing that final multi order I had in my cart to concern that I wouldn't be getting anything to relief and excitement that the orders are starting to be filled to remembering I'm actually going to have to pay for these afterall.

For someone with my particular combination of neurosis, anxiery and masochism this is "a good time"
Obligatory fuck bespoke post

I picked up the black vinyl Almost Famous; sounds pretty good.
I got it with free shipping points.
Total score. $-0- delivered to the door.
I quite like the Almost Famous reissues. I think they are cut by JJ golden. I somehow ended up with the two different track list versions and one has an alternate cover. They sounded good for what I’m sure is a digital cut from not ideal sources. The classic records pressing was a grail of mine but was impossible to find at a decent price

I only placed one order on 6/22 that had 5 records in it. Got a shipping notification last night showing all 5 were in the shipment, and the order is marked as fulfilled in my order history.
So far I think as long as you don’t have any with two of the same record in your order as one line item, you’re likely to get your orders. The only two I had cancelled were stupidly large orders I tried to see if they somehow would go through. One had 9 copies of Wild Life in it haha.

But I had a few orders like this that went through:

1688002700742.png

Last edited:
I quite like the Almost Famous reissues. I think they are cut by JJ golden. I somehow ended up with the two different track list versions and one has an alternate cover. They sounded good for what I’m sure is a digital cut from not ideal sources. The classic records pressing was a grail of mine but was impossible to find at a decent price
Haven't even kept up with this title.
I will say because I have the original Allman Brothers.
The difference is fairly evident with this 2021 copy.

Haven't even kept up with this title.
I will say because I have the original Allman Brothers.
The difference is fairly evident with this 2021 copy.
Classic Records did it I think when the movie came out and it sold out and goes for a LOT of money. then in 2021 they released a ton of variants. super deluxe box sets, alternate track lists at different retailers, diff cover art, etc. One version has a bunch of movie dialogue over at least one song which is annoying (think its over Tiny Dancer?) Lots of great music on it though.

Classic Records did it I think when the movie came out and it sold out and goes for a LOT of money. then in 2021 they released a ton of variants. super deluxe box sets, alternate track lists at different retailers, diff cover art, etc. One version has a bunch of movie dialogue over at least one song which is annoying (think its over Tiny Dancer?) Lots of great music on it though.
I'm sure Classic did it some justice.
I got in the mood to throw on some Allman Brothers Capricorn label.
Insane good rock albums.

So far I think as long as you don’t have any with two of the same record in your order as one line item, you’re likely to get your orders. The only two I had cancelled were stupidly large orders I tried to see if they somehow would go through. One had 9 copies of Wild Life in it haha.

But I had a few orders like this that went through:

View attachment 176345

i only dared place a single order with multiples of a single title. apparently it was shipped and is out for delivery right now. will be interesting to see what's in that mailer.

An even dozen for me:

Nirvana - MTV Unplugged
Bob Marley - Natty Dread (x2)
U2 - Achtung Baby
The Supremes - Reflections
Blake Mills - Look
The Marvelettes - Sophisticated Soul
Lee Morgan - Caramba
Joe Pass - For Django
Paul McCartney - Tug of War
Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Misses I'll be thinking about for a year+ 😢

The Jam - Snap
Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie
Nirvana - Paramount
UPDATE:

Solo Buys
U2 - Achtung Baby (tracking/arrived) ✅
Bob Marley - Natty Dread (tracking/arrived) ✅
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection (tracking/arrived) ✅
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged (tracking/awaiting delivery) 🤞🏻

2fers
The Marvelettes - Sophisticated Soul (arrived together without tracking) ✅✅

Lee Morgan - Caramba (arrived together without tracking) ✅✅

Joe Pass - For Django
Bob Marley - Natty Dread (tracking/awaiting delivery) 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Blake Mills - Look (tracking/awaiting delivery) 🤞🏻🤞🏻

So that's 7/12 in the door. Tracking available for the last five. Pleasantly surprised.

UPDATE:

Solo Buys
U2 - Achtung Baby (tracking/arrived) ✅
Bob Marley - Natty Dread (tracking/arrived) ✅
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection (tracking/arrived) ✅
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged (tracking/awaiting delivery) 🤞🏻

2fers
The Marvelettes - Sophisticated Soul (arrived together without tracking) ✅✅

Lee Morgan - Caramba (arrived together without tracking) ✅✅

Joe Pass - For Django
Bob Marley - Natty Dread (tracking/awaiting delivery) 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Blake Mills - Look (tracking/awaiting delivery) 🤞🏻🤞🏻

So that's 7/12 in the door. Tracking available for the last five. Pleasantly surprised.
The Marley is really decent. They included a fancy half speed certificate.

Back