$0V Sale - How'd Ya Do?

Incomplete thread without this:

it's pretty wild to see the "real" prices on this stuff now after seeing $0 for so long haha. They really gave $30 off most of these albums after shipping.

Someone please explain.

Sound of Vinyl had items marked $0.00 but still honored items purchased when incorrectly marked as $0.00? 😱
They had a bunch of albums listed at $0.00, and set it up (for most!) so that you could order only 1 record at a time, with an $8 shipping fee for a single record, and $11 (or something, I don’t recall) for a double album. Then, some discovered that relying on a certain kind of voodoo, multiple records could be ordered within the same single order, for a single shipping charge, which sometimes was only $8, and other times was a higher amount adjusted for the number of records. Some of us never were able to tap into that voodoo (for which I am grateful).

So they did have $0 records but you only pay shipping for them? That’s still a good deal!
Yea--Was $8 shipping for a 1LP, $10 for a 2LP and not sure what a 3LP was. So until people found the loophole, it was probably a good deal for SOV. They got to dump a ton of stock that wasn't selling, get a big tax writeoff for selling them at a loss, and clear out some of their warehouse shelves. Originally the promo was in return for giving them your phone number to send texts, but you didn't have to do that to access the sale items.

People found the loophole as @Russ I said that allowed you to add items to your wishlist and then add items to cart from there to get more than 1 album at a time for the price of just shipping 1 item. Other people found another loophole to add more than 10 copies of a single album for the price of shipping just one, but it seems like most, if not all, of those orders are getting cancelled.

Back