Your Collection - By the numbers 2022

I have a picture of you with about 2,000. 1,000 at 45 that you never spin and another 1,000 of the same records at 33 that you’ve bought since to actually spin 😜
Haha I meant 7” 45s. Not 12” ones. Have plenty of those too but those are foldered with my LPs. I have a jukebox that spins 45s, so when I got it, I bought loads of 7”/45s for really cheap. Lots of buying in bulk on eBay and flea market finds. I bought someone’s record collection on eBay for $200 and they threw in all their 45s too for free. I’m working on getting the jukebox fixed up a little (want to put new speakers and clean up some connections on it since the volume fluctuates a lot). But then I’ll dig the 45s out again. I just don’t find myself spinning 7” on my turntable anymore.

Haha I meant 7” 45s. Not 12” ones. Have plenty of those too but those are foldered with my LPs. I have a jukebox that spins 45s, so when I got it, I bought loads of 7”/45s for really cheap. Lots of buying in bulk on eBay and flea market finds. I bought someone’s record collection on eBay for $200 and they threw in all their 45s too for free. I’m working on getting the jukebox fixed up a little (want to put new speakers and clean up some connections on it since the volume fluctuates a lot). But then I’ll dig the 45s out again. I just don’t find myself spinning 7” on my turntable anymore.

Oh I was just teasing you for your habit of moaning about having to flip albums pressed at 45 😂

Collection size per Discogs: 800

Purchased: 0
Free Additions: 0
Purged: 0
Net Gain/Loss: 0
Last Updated: 01/02/2022

I've got about a dozen arriving tomorrow and have about 30 or 40 pre-ordered from up to a year ago that should arrive over the next six months, but some of those were Target sale preorders that I'm not fully committed to yet, just figured I'd lock in the discount in case.

I've moved my collection/collecting in a somewhat different direction lately, which has me hunting more for harder to find things. This can be fun and limit the number of albums I buy but it unfortunately can be more expensive, which I'm trying to avoid. My goal ultimately is to limit myself to an average of about one album per week, allowing for exceptions during the big (uDiscover/SOV/Target) sales.

Edit: I changed my collection size from 840 - 800 because I forgot it has a few non-LP items on there.

Last edited:
Oh I was just teasing you for your habit of moaning about having to flip albums pressed at 45 😂
I don't mind flipping them so much, but when I upgraded my turntable to a NAD C558 a few months ago I didn't think about how annoying it would be to take the platter off everytime you need to move the belt. So I hardly ever play my 45s anymore.

I don't mind flipping them so much, but when I upgraded my turntable to a NAD C558 a few months ago I didn't think about how annoying it would be to take the platter off everytime you need to move the belt. So I hardly ever play my 45s anymore.
I have a speed box on one of my TTs since the belt kept slipping off every time I changed speeds on the table. Could be a potential option one day if ya find yourself wanting to play 45s.

Thackeray E

Discogs Collection Size at 1 Jan
:
7 inch: 131 (probably missing 20 from this)
10 & 12 inch vinyl: 28
Albums: 598 (probably missing 30)
CD: 1,201
Reel to Reel tape (pre-recorded & dubbed): 12

Freebies: 0
Plus/Minus: 0
Last Updated: 03/01/2022

I'll need to adjust my opening position as I go, as there are a few gaps in my Discogs, mainly from inheriting my in-laws collection. Couple of duplicates I also need to adjust. I have 1 pre-order on the way, which I'll class as a 2022 addition.

My goal for this year is to buy sensibly, and only really add albums I know and love into my collection. I also need to get rid of some records as well, which isn't something I've really done to date. Anything I have got rid of before I've PIF'd, and I really can't be bothered selling via Discogs or eBay. Let's see how my storage holds up...

this is a good way to keep me accountable, as I realized today my collection grew by about 15% this past year. I guess multiple years of having disposable cash from a pandemic will do that

Collection size to date (2021): 1324
Free Additions: 0
Net Gain/Loss: 0
Last Updated: 01/01/2022

I also have about 15 things still on preorder from throughout the year and a nice stockpile of things to sell whenever I get the time.

Will this be the year you hit 5,000??
It's going to take some careful tracking for me to stay on top of this counting goal. I have an excel file I've kept for many years that should have just about all of my records listed. Last night I finally decided to count all the listings within that file that are struck-out, meaning I've gotten rid of them in one way or another (412!), then subtracted that from my total. I also have been trying to get my collection into discogs, but I didn't get serious about that until a few months ago, so I'm only up to 1,721 records. Between the two systems, if I stay focused, I should be able to keep track of what comes in (and goes out?). We'll see. One thing that might help is that I've pretty much stopped chasing yard/estate sales for records, which for quite a few years were sources of relatively large additions to my collection. And like it or not, the majority of my purchases now occur online, so that should make tracking easier as well.

For Reference - this is what I said on 12/8/21
+95
=67
Total: 633
Since then I +4, -6 but.. my collection is at 636 somethings off!!! OK whatever secret albums gained... new year:

Collection: 636
Added: 0
Removed: 0
Net: 0
Updated 1/3/2022

Back