You know you're too deep into vinyl if...

...you are measuring the span and size of your floor beams and calculating their deflection limit.

...you have to call a structural engineer to ensure your floor beams can support greater than 45 lbs per square foot.

...you're in your basement and you refuse to sit on the couch under your record collection on the second floor because youre afraid the ceiling is going to collapse and you'll be crushed by your own compulsive behavior.

...you are measuring the span and size of your floor beams and calculating their deflection limit.

...you have to call a structural engineer to ensure your floor beams can support greater than 45 lbs per square foot.

...you're in your basement and you refuse to sit on the couch under your record collection on the second floor because youre afraid the ceiling is going to collapse and you'll be crushed by your own compulsive behavior.
I mean I asked questions about joists during the inspection of the house.

...you have a personal first-name basis relationship with your mailman, he has your phone number and he calls you to ask if you want him to leave large packages by the door or take them back to the post-office when you're not home.

(Seriously, I know my mailman, but it's a slightly longer story than record collecting. Our daughters were in a sports team together for several years so he knew who the records are for and he takes special care for me).
Okay so my husband talks to everyone and we knew our mailwoman for quite a while. Unfortunately, she retired in 2020 and now I have a guy who seems okay but I haven’t talked to him much.

Let me try this:

You know that you’re really deep into vinyl when your kids call CD’s “little records”.

my mail man of many yrs. was cool took a few minutes to talk about records and music more than a couple of times.long story short he said he quit buying records for cds because he didn't like how noisy vinyl could be.shortly after when the pandemic hit i didn't ever see him again he didn't look that old probably in his mid 50s hope all is well with him.

When you spend $90 on a bin to hold a small number of records View attachment 132364
I have to disagree with this - I have two flipbins and they are pretty awesome. Very well made and worth the price to me.

EDIT - oops, I totally thought this post was in the NOT a vinyl deal thread. Sorry about that, move along all!

Last edited:
my mail man of many yrs. was cool took a few minutes to talk about records and music more than a couple of times.long story short he said he quit buying records for cds because he didn't like how noisy vinyl could be.shortly after when the pandemic hit i didn't ever see him again he didn't look that old probably in his mid 50s hope all is well with him.
In remembrance of your old avatar

In remembrance of your old avatar
yup damn how did i miss this.

Back