The Weeknd - Dawn FM
Danger Mouse & Black Thought - Cheat Codes
Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE
Ethel Cain - Preacher's Daughter
Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
Spoon - Lucifer on the Sofa

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for participating in this year's edition of the year-end megalist. Thank you to @Woob_woob for allowing me to take over the reins.

Here is our aggregate top97 chart! Top97 as it would be unfair to pick three albums from those that received 15pts (below the cutoff) in the last three slots.

Top97N&G.png

I have the Megalist raw data in Google Sheets if you'd like to take a look.

In addition, here is a Spotify playlist of the top97 albums in ascending order for those who want a continuous run. @Jake! made a playlist in this manner for last year's list, but I have made it as he has not been active since the midpoint of the year.

Last edited:
For the finale...

THE N+G TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2022
Rank​
Artist - Album​
Points​
The Smile - A Light for Attracting Attention
Alvvays - Blue Rev
Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There
The Weeknd - Dawn FM
Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE

I thought I had finally cemented my top 50 but apparently I have to check out the new Weekend?

It's always the same with him-- I love a couple of tracks and the left of the album leaves me empty.

Edit: Ok, I didn't know this was produced by OPN... and it's definitely clicking.

Last edited:
For the finale...

THE N+G TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2022
Rank​
Artist - Album​
Points​
The Smile - A Light for Attracting Attention
Alvvays - Blue Rev
Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There
The Weeknd - Dawn FM
Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE
I should probably spend some more time with most of these. Weeknd, Beyonce and Lamar are the only ones I would say I gave adequate time to.

I thought I had finally cemented my top 50 but apparently I have to check out the new Weekend?

It's always the same with him-- I love a couple of tracks and the left of the album leaves me empty.

Edit: Ok, I didn't know this was produced by OPN... and it's definitely clicking.

It was by far my favorite album of the year

ITS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN TO GET TOGETHER ALL OF OUR YEAR END LISTS AND MAKE A COLLECTIVE FORUM YEAR END MEGALIST!!!! @Woob_woob is a busy man this year, so I am taking the responsibility of this endeavor for 2022 with his permission.

Rules:

1) Everyone has 100 points to distribute to their favorite albums of 2022.
a) The most points you can give to a single album is 20 points.​
b) You must use all 100 points.​
c) Please organize the distribution in a list-like fashion.​
2) Deadline is the last day of the year [Saturday Dec 31, 2022] at 11:59 PM PST. Results should be posted early on New Year's Day.

Please tag me with your thread post that includes your point distribution so that it may be easier for me to find. You can edit as often as you need to before the deadline. Post charts made from Topsters3 if you would like to!
Also feel free to share your favorite songs/concerts/music videos/etc... of 2022.

Have fun, and looking forward to seeing your lists and music happenings from this year!

CURRENT STATUS: Up to date at post #137. Creating results and top100 chart.

EDIT: I will react with a "🎵" to indicate that I have read your point distribution and added it to my spreadsheet.

SUBMISSION WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED.
Could you do me a favor and link the list in this post? lol

Hey @TenderLovingKiller® , I remember that you really liked the Sadurn album, and I was thinking recently that you might like Practice, by Free Range. A little less of a full-band feel to it, but the vibe is really similar to my ear (and something deeper than that). Check it out if you haven't heard it. Bandbox did an exclusive pressing of it.

Back