YEAR END MEGALIST 2021!!!!!!

My number 1 (Yola, you guys are sleeping on that album haha) didn't even make the list, and I never listened to our collective #1. I guess I need to make some changes haha but I definitely have some listening to do and will be starting with Little Simz (if I can stop listening to this new album from The Weeknd).

I think the numbers kind of show that this year had a lot of really good albums but none that stood out above the others as the overwhelming best. Thanks @Woob_woob I always look forward to these lists!

Listening through the playlist at work today. Currently on this underscores album, it's so good!

I've missed out on a lot from last year for sure. I'm excited to listen to all of these.
Me too, thanks for putting it together and sharing! So far the Sun June album has been my favorite discovery, nice dream pop vibes with great vocals.

Me too, thanks for putting it together and sharing! So far the Sun June album has been my favorite discovery, nice dream pop vibes with great vocals.
I liked that one as well!

Sonder Bombs has been another highlight. I’ve skipped a few that Ive already heard and a few that I wasn’t interested in after a few tracks. Currently on Laura Stevenson which was one of my submissions 😎 I’ll always take an excuse to listen to Laura

Sorry the kiddo is sick but happy I could get my list in.

Armand Hammer - Haram - 10
Lukah - When the Black Hand Touches You - 10
Boldy James - Bo Jackson - 10
Wavves - Hideaway -10
King Gizzard - Butterfly 3000 - 10
The Murlocs - Bittersweet Demons - 10
Cory Hanson - Pale Horse Rider - 10
Wharflurch - Psychedelic Realms ov Hell -10
Khemmis - Deceiver - 10
Enforced - Kill Grid - 10
I slept on that Khemmis album this year but just finished streaming it and it's killer.

I slept on that Khemmis album this year but just finished streaming it and it's killer.
Still waiting on my vinyl. Anyone got an update on that? @LeeVing @Goatfish
I liked that one as well!

Sonder Bombs has been another highlight. I’ve skipped a few that Ive already heard and a few that I wasn’t interested in after a few tracks. Currently on Laura Stevenson which was one of my submissions 😎 I’ll always take an excuse to listen to Laura
@NateOEB a coworker and I were quite taken by the Sun June as well.

@NateOEB a coworker and I were quite taken by the Sun June as well.
I listened to their first as well and the progression they made as a band is really good. I looked at several record stores during the year before finally going through bandcamp to get Years and cogs to get Somewhere oddly enough. Just checked and Somewhere is back on bandcamp as a limited edition.

I guess I'll get to echo the Sun June love as well. Very much my jam in terms of music, just never happened across it. Felt like a cousin to Wet (who I need to go back and re-listen to their 2021 release) which is always a win. The beginning of the list has all been really solid, and I even listened to Mach-Hommy the whole way (I struggle a ton with rap) through. Given I know I love Faye Webster that makes a great start.

W/r/t St. Vincent, I can only speak to me but for some reason this particular persona really left me uninterested as I thought a lot of good in the music began to get lost in it. Personal taste issue on my part. Pay Your Way In Pain would have definitely been a Top 100 song if we did that kind of list for me, a lot of the remainder got lost to me - a glam 70's album about family dynamics and her father's release from prison is such a discordant choice. It could be one that I as a listener am just not ready to appreciate.

Yeah...still waiting on the vinyl. I sent an email to Nuclear Blast, but never heard back. When the release date was getting close I ordered and received the cassette version prior to the release date. It's on the NB label, but was ordered using the bands Merch site and is operated though some other 3rd party.

I assume it's delayed, but I have seen images for the Bone w Pink Splatter variant I'm waiting for....so I know it's "out there" - which I also mentioned in my email.

This being said, I've played my cassette version and streamed the album quite a few times, and it's great.

Yeah...still waiting on the vinyl. I sent an email to Nuclear Blast, but never heard back. When the release date was getting close I ordered and received the cassette version prior to the release date. It's on the NB label, but was ordered using the bands Merch site and is operated though some other 3rd party.

I assume it's delayed, but I have seen images for the Bone w Pink Splatter variant I'm waiting for....so I know it's "out there" - which I also mentioned in my email.
I just got my shipping notification for my Decibel copy two nights ago so hopefully that means the rest of the variants are landing soon.

I do have quite a few various things shipping in currently - one could be it - they could also be something else entirely, as my wife has been ordering things off etsy.

I can tell what's mine on informed delivery as they are usually sent via media mail, but not always.

My number 1 (Yola, you guys are sleeping on that album haha) didn't even make the list, and I never listened to our collective #1. I guess I need to make some changes haha but I definitely have some listening to do and will be starting with Little Simz (if I can stop listening to this new album from The Weeknd).

I think the numbers kind of show that this year had a lot of really good albums but none that stood out above the others as the overwhelming best. Thanks @Woob_woob I always look forward to these lists!
I looove Yola. I just haven't had a chance to spend time with the new album.
Adia Victoria has been the next highlight for me as I'm working through this playlist!
She's incredible. She should be huge, she's so good.

Back