WRASSLIN'! (let's talk wrestling here?)

What wrestling podcasts do you nerds listen to?
My rotation lately is WrestleRoasts, Haus of Wrestling, and the Masked Man Show. I have others in my feed, but those are my main listens.

What wrestling podcasts do you nerds listen to?
My rotation lately is WrestleRoasts, Haus of Wrestling, and the Masked Man Show. I have others in my feed, but those are my main listens.
I am weird. I currently don’t pay attention to modern wrestling (though I think I might eventually). I stopped following wrestling at the turn of the millennium. It wasn’t until the pandemic and Peacock TV absorbing the WWE Network that I started to get back into it. Initially, I watched every WWF pay-per-view from Wrestlemania III forward through Wrestlemania 2000. I then took a bit of a break but recently decided to explore the other side of the Monday Night Wars and started watching WCW Monday Nitro era PPVs (I am currently up to Slamboree 1998) I think I am gonna move forward with WWE post 2000 PPVs once I finish up on WCW. I have caught some AEW stuff on cable but haven’t regularly sought it out but they seem like the best thing going in pro wrestling today.

TL;DR: no podcasts, only this…
IMG_3916.jpeg
And this…
IMG_3917.jpeg
Are my only references guides I am using currently.

And ruined the Sting title win at the same time.
Yeah, that whole thing has been rough. It made very little sense from my understanding there was supposed to be a quick count but If have seen lot of counts that were quicker. The whole thing made it seem like Bret overreacted… and then instead of teaming him up with Jim “The Anvil” and The British Bulldog that coulda developed their own stable around they just kinda ignore them. Then all the sudden he randomly turns heal and starts supporting Hollywood!?!! What the fuck! Hitman vs Hollywood woulda be a path worth traveling down and they just kinda move on from that. By 1998 you definitely see the wheels starting to come off the NWO storyline but instead of leaning in to Goldberg, The Flock, Booker T, DDP, and Sting they keep it going and going and going. At least the undercard gives me som fantastic Lucha Libre action, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jerrico and Eddie and Chavo and Juventud and Ultimo Dragon making the undercard matches the highlights of most PPV.

if you get the chance to go to an AEW live event, highly recommended. so much fun!
They were here in DC last week (the night before my bday) and I missed out 😔. I thought about going and the tickets weren't that expensive (at least not in the cheaper seats - how close do the action do you need to be for the live events?) and I even found a friend that was willing to go with me, but I talked myself out of it because I had a conflict. I'll try to go the next time they're in town though.

I did order one of these as a consolation prize:

here's the only photo i have of being at wrestlemania 7, big boss man smacking around mr perfect

ChzRjun.jpg

Back