WRASSLIN'! (let's talk wrestling here?)

So, WWE started off with their own subscription network but when NBC/Comcast was launching their streaming Platforms they bought the right to the be the exclusive streaming home of WWE and thusly had a bunch of wrestling fans sign up in order to obtain the network, you also can watch current PPV via Peacock for free.

WWE is the biggest pro wrestling company and over the years they acquired many of their rivals, including ECW and WCW so both of those are available on the app too.

Where to start is completely subjective lots of interesting and fun eras. Lots of my enjoyment was initially tied to nostalgia but I was surprised at just how much I ended up enjoying it. I have not watched much pro wrestling over the past 23 years so there is a bunch I haven’t seen yet but it f I was gonna suggest a place to start I would suggest Wrestlemania III that is the pinnacle of Pro Wrestling and peak Hulkamania.
The completionist in me recoils at the thought of jumping in somewhere where I don't have all of the backstory on who these people are and why they're fighting each other.

I just went into WCW and found the episode that aired on the day I was born, haha. Before the match, the announcer gave a shoutout to the local Mervyn's dept store employees that were the guests of honor that night, haha. Haven't heard anyone mention Mervyn's in quite a while now- off to a good start.

Is there a way to start at the beginning of All Elite Wrestling? I watched Season 5 Episode 8 last night. But after seeing how much WWE content there is on peacock, I was surprised that the back catalog (which only goes back to 2019) for AEW doesn't appear to be available anywhere for streaming.

I'm trying to figure out how the multiple weekly shows fit together, too - like AEW has Dynamite and Rampage each week in addition to their "elevation" and "battle of the belts" shows.

And WWE has "raw" on mondays" and "smackdown" on Fridays" and "NXT" some other time.

I'm trying to figure out how the multiple weekly shows fit together, too - like AEW has Dynamite and Rampage each week in addition to their "elevation" and "battle of the belts" shows.

And WWE has "raw" on mondays" and "smackdown" on Fridays" and "NXT" some other time.

Battle of the Belts is a quarterly TV special. Dynamite is the main show. Rampage the secondary Friday show. This week(probably) they are announcing a new AEW show on Saturdays.

Dark and Dark Elevation are the youtube shows and they are basically there to yet people more matches. Taz and Excalibur on the youtube shows have so much fun on commentary.

If you have cable with TBS or TNT on demand then you should be able to watch past episodes. I'd be surprised if it's archived all the way to the beginning however.

Battle of the Belts is a quarterly TV special. Dynamite is the main show. Rampage the secondary Friday show. This week(probably) they are announcing a new AEW show on Saturdays.

Dark and Dark Elevation are the youtube shows and they are basically there to yet people more matches. Taz and Excalibur on the youtube shows have so much fun on commentary.

If you have cable with TBS or TNT on demand then you should be able to watch past episodes. I'd be surprised if it's archived all the way to the beginning however.
Yeah TBS and TNT only have the last 6 episodes of each of the AEW shows. There's also a new AEW: All Access but that sounds more like a "reality" show about the wrestlers' lives outside of the actual wrestling.

Yeah TBS and TNT only have the last 6 episodes of each of the AEW shows. There's also a new AEW: All Access but that sounds more like a "reality" show about the wrestlers' lives outside of the actual wrestling.

Yah that's exactly what All Access is.

The expectation for the last year plus(after AEW bought Ring of Honor) was that the combined tape libraries could end up on streaming someway somehow. But nothing concrete in that direction just yet. Would be cool if they just added them to HBO Max.

Yah that's exactly what All Access is.

The expectation for the last year plus(after AEW bought Ring of Honor) was that the combined tape libraries could end up on streaming someway somehow. But nothing concrete in that direction just yet. Would be cool if they just added them to HBO Max.
That's what I was wondering - I thought I saw somewhere online that it said they were on Discovery plus (but I don't see any indication of that on the discovery plus website), and I was hoping that maybe it would pop up on the new "Max" service when they combine/rebrand next month.

My friends, since April 24, I have now watched:
  • Eps 8-18 of Season 5 of AEW Dynamite
  • Eps 8-18 of Season 3 of AEW Rampage
  • All 6 AEW Battle of the Belts
  • The first five episodes of AEW: All Access
4 hours of new content each week no longer feels like an overwhelming amount, haha.

Now that they’ve taken away AEW Dark and AEW dark elevation (from youtube), I’ve been seeing some chatter about potentially their whole back catalog showing up on the new “max” streaming service (rebrand of hbo max). Which would be nice.

I still feel like I don’t really get how they schedule matches or decide who will fight. Nearly every single episode of Dynamite seems to start with Orange Cassidy, and they keep making me watch Jon Moxley and Jeff Jarrett. I like Max Caster’s little raps. I think overall Wardlow, Roderick Strong, and Ricky Starks are my favorites. Of the bad guys, I like Claudio Catagnoli, Daniel Garcia, and Sammy Guevara. MJF is immature and annoying, but I was shocked at how well he sang “Pennies from Heaven”. The house of black just kind of reminds me of an Evanescence-type band.

4 hours of new content each week no longer feels like an overwhelming amount, haha.

Now that they’ve taken away AEW Dark and AEW dark elevation (from youtube), I’ve been seeing some chatter about potentially their whole back catalog showing up on the new “max” streaming service (rebrand of hbo max). Which would be nice.

I still feel like I don’t really get how they schedule matches or decide who will fight. Nearly every single episode of Dynamite seems to start with Orange Cassidy, and they keep making me watch Jon Moxley and Jeff Jarrett. I like Max Caster’s little raps. I think overall Wardlow, Roderick Strong, and Ricky Starks are my favorites. Of the bad guys, I like Claudio Catagnoli, Daniel Garcia, and Sammy Guevara. MJF is immature and annoying, but I was shocked at how well he sang “Pennies from Heaven”. The house of black just kind of reminds me of an Evanescence-type band.

Orange is a legit ratings draw, so they are trying to start strong.

As for MJF:

Orange is a legit ratings draw, so they are trying to start strong.

As for MJF:

Lol, that's amazing. He does seem kinda like a softy underneath it all.

What is the draw with Orange Cassidy? It just seems like a novelty act that will get old at some point. His apathy rubs me the wrong way. Like no one is forcing you to be a pro wrestler, dude - you could pretend to care, or like...try.

Lol, that's amazing. He does seem kinda like a softy underneath it all.

What is the draw with Orange Cassidy? It just seems like a novelty act that will get old at some point. His apathy rubs me the wrong way. Like no one is forcing you to be a pro wrestler, dude - you could pretend to care, or like...try.

I love Orange! It's less that he doesn't care, and more that he's trying to get under his opponent's skin by being so nonchalant. I was unsure about him the first couple times I saw him, but im way into him now.

Just when I thought I had a handle on this, they go and add two more hours to their weekly schedule lol....

The Roderick Strong vs Chris Jericho falls count anywhere match in Austin during AEW Dynamite on 5/17 was probably the most fun match I've seen so far.

I can't believe how close people get to the action while these dudes are clobbering each other, though, haha.

Back