WRASSLIN'! (let's talk wrestling here?)

yeah, this has been hard to watch. it's good, and it's nice to hear the family's thoughts and experiences, but it's still hard to reconcile everything. it's just one of those thing that you can't make sense of, and never will be able to make sense of. i can't imagine how tough that is for those closest to benoit.

yeah, this has been hard to watch. it's good, and it's nice to hear the family's thoughts and experiences, but it's still hard to reconcile everything. it's just one of those thing that you can't make sense of, and never will be able to make sense of. i can't imagine how tough that is for those closest to benoit.

Yeah, I won't lie, I cried a few times throughout this. Benoit was and is one of my top 5 wrestlers of all time. Seeing everyone open up got to me but seeing what Eddies passing did to Chris took it to another level.

Growing up I remember looking forward to each of Benoit's (My grandma loved him, Goldberg and Konnan) fights and imitating his moves with my older cousin. When everything came out that had happened 14 year old me couldn't wrap his head around how one of his heroes could end up doing something like this. I wish we knew what we do know about CTE then and could have possibly got him some of the help he desperately needed.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Last edited:
Watched both parts today and man what a tragic event.
I recently signed up for a free 30 day trial of the WWE streaming service just to watch all of the ECW programming. Depending on how much I can get through, I may pay for the next month. Really the last time I was invested in wrestling. Watched both documentaries as well.

Both episodes were really well done. I cried throughout it multiple times. I still can’t wrap my head around how one comes to do what he did,

Watched both parts today and man what a tragic event.
I recently signed up for a free 30 day trial of the WWE streaming service just to watch all of the ECW programming. Depending on how much I can get through, I may pay for the next month. Really the last time I was invested in wrestling. Watched both documentaries as well.
B r o

So first it's donating 18 million to Florida out of their Trump PAC...

and then they go and fire a ton of talent? If the WWE wasn't already losing traction not sure how fans will react to this over all.

Since WWE Network was added to Peacock streaming I have been rewatching Classic WWF Pay-Per-Veiws. I started with Wrestlemania III (which was awesome) and have been working my way forward from there. So far I’ve also watched the first Survivor Series, Wrestlemania IV. Now I am watching the inaugural Summerslam from 1988 recorded live at Madison Square Garden in NYC. The main event is a tag team matchup featuring the “Mega Powers” of Macho Man Randy Savage against the “Mega Buck” team of The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBase and Andre The Giant. There is some decent matchups, you get Ravaging Rick Rude vs. The Junk Yard Dog, Ultimate Warrior vs. The Honky Tonk Man, Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Hercules, Big Boss Man vs. Koko B. Ware, and Tag Team matchup of Demolition vs. The Hart Foundation. Good stuff.

So Highlights...
16BF6FE6-2EDB-46D7-B004-EEE220F1661B.jpeg
80A7DED3-5741-41D7-AA38-3EA498F88A31.jpeg
7E790F22-4043-4D02-9947-C29006925742.jpeg
F8DF23BE-1A7B-4B9D-BE1E-84D3DBCB153B.jpeg
6624AC20-69D4-4319-91FA-8378CEF99E03.jpeg
1A3FE3DB-0CB6-4AB1-A151-69DBF1237802.jpeg
8FD13022-B0BF-46E1-8A3E-C6BF8C6D31CE.jpeg
A337EF09-E9C2-47F1-AC70-EB86D8DB15CC.jpeg

So apparently Westside Gunn and Wale are supposed to be making appearances in Tampa next weekend for mania at pop up shops and what not!!

I will definitely be out and about downtown and will try and remember to post pictures

That was like 2005!
16 years ago was a long time! Calling people "retard" as a slur was still culturally common place at that time. You still had people pretending to have Downs or a learning disability in TV Shows and Movies as a comedic element. I'm sure there were people who were vocally offended by it at the time, but it would cause chaos if they tried something like that today.

Back