Wilco (The Thread)

I wanted to like it more. Still feels like a continuation of Wilco as a more fleshed out version of Tweedy's solo material, which I'm honestly bored with at this point. I'll hope that the rest of the record has some surprises.
Co-sign. I've liked their recent (say since Star Wars) records, but not loved them. Cruel Country was a step up but not a breakthrough. Is it too much to ask for them to release something as great as their run from Summerteeth to Ghost is Born? Perfectly crafted rock-pop songwriting that also just totally lets loose every once in a while? But good Wilco is still pretty much essential, I guess. I can't imagine ever not getting each new release.

Co-sign. I've liked their recent (say since Star Wars) records, but not loved them. Cruel Country was a step up but not a breakthrough. Is it too much to ask for them to release something as great as their run from Summerteeth to Ghost is Born? Perfectly crafted rock-pop songwriting that also just totally lets loose every once in a while? But good Wilco is still pretty much essential, I guess. I can't imagine ever not getting each new release.
Agreed. I own every Wilco album on vinyl, and will surely be adding Cousin to the collection – and I will undoubtedly enjoy aspects of it! That said, the bar has been set high and they have not met it in some time – which is not to say that they haven't been releasing decent music. Just want to believe that they have a bit of that magic left. Hopefully not too much to ask...

Got my blue variant of Sky Blue Sky today and now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the half speed remaster from a few years ago (completely forgot it existed until I went to log this one on discogs.) To be clear I haven't listened yet so it could sound great. I just assumed they would use the same plates since it wasn't long ago, but I'm not seeing anything about it. Anyone have any idea?

Got my blue variant of Sky Blue Sky today and now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the half speed remaster from a few years ago (completely forgot it existed until I went to log this one on discogs.) To be clear I haven't listened yet so it could sound great. I just assumed they would use the same plates since it wasn't long ago, but I'm not seeing anything about it. Anyone have any idea?
I bet even if it’s not the same cut it likely still sounds fantastic. Wilco seems to care about their vinyl releases.

I bet even if it’s not the same cut it likely still sounds fantastic. Wilco seems to care about their vinyl releases.

So it says CB which I show Chris has cut a ton of previous Wilco stuff but never Sky Blue Sky, so it looks like a new master.

Sounds fantastic regardless

Back