Wilco (The Thread)

That’s fine. It’s just a personal preference thing. There is very little separation among the top 4, tbh. I just never felt the same sense of ownership (as a fan) in relation to YHF as I do with the other three.
Sorry, reading back my reply seemed a bit harsh. I love those records and I still value your opinion. Though #4 seems awfully low.

Sorry, reading back my reply seemed a bit harsh. I love those records and I still value your opinion. Though #4 seems awfully low.
FWIW the only Wilco box I picked up so far (other than Kicking Television) was the YHF 7-LP set. I’m curious to see what they have in store for A Ghost Is Born.

Ok....

These 1st 5 can really be in any order. Possibly the best 5 album run in indie rock:

1. Ghost is Born
2. YHF
3. Sky Blue Sky
4. Being There
5. Summerteeth

The only spot in the list I'm fully confident with:
6. AM

7. Schmilco
8. Star Wars

9. Wilco (The Album)
10. The Whole Love

Haven't listened to these enough to where I can definitively rank them. I do know I like CC more than Ode:
11. Cruel Country
12. Ode to Joy

These 1st 5 can really be in any order. Possibly the best 5 album run in indie rock:

1. Ghost is Born
2. YHF
3. Sky Blue Sky
4. Being There
5. Summerteeth
I definitely agree with you about this run of albums...what a run. Aside from Ghost landing at #1 I could probably move around the others on any given week.

Back