Wilco (The Thread)

Still reveling from Solid Sound Festival last weekend. It was our third time going, and somehow it seems to get a bit better each time.

The highlight for me? Courtney Barnett taking lead vocals on "Handshake Drugs", then meandering over to jam with Nels Cline (check the video below).

Wilco played Friday and Saturday nights, and Tweedy played solo on Sunday. Courtney's show was great, as were sets from Foxwarren, The Feelies, Tortoise, Jonathan Richman, Cate LeBon, etc.

Managed to pick up a copy of the Warm/Warmer bundle on vinyl, and an autographed copy of Tweedy's 'Let's Go (So We Can Get Back)'.

Still reveling from Solid Sound Festival last weekend. It was our third time going, and somehow it seems to get a bit better each time.

The highlight for me? Courtney Barnett taking lead vocals on "Handshake Drugs", then meandering over to jam with Nels Cline (check the video below).

Wilco played Friday and Saturday nights, and Tweedy played solo on Sunday. Courtney's show was great, as were sets from Foxwarren, The Feelies, Tortoise, Jonathan Richman, Cate LeBon, etc.

Managed to pick up a copy of the Warm/Warmer bundle on vinyl, and an autographed copy of Tweedy's 'Let's Go (So We Can Get Back)'.

I have GOT to get myself to Mass MoCA one year.

Its official - I'm pretty sure you cant convince me that Schmilco isn't in the top 3 albums of the Wilco oeuvre.

I'm absolutely not trying to stoke the 700,000th Rank the Wilco Albums discussion at all....this is more of a Schmilco dap than anything.

Is a new album dropping soon?

e46MfgPO_normal.jpg
WILCO (@Wilco)
7/15/19, 7:11PM
pic.twitter.com/5Xwx2qVx9N

Just shared this in the pre-order thread but figured I should cross-post here too...

Ode to Joy – Wilco’s 11th studio album – will be released October 4, 2019 via dBpm Records. The album features 11 new songs written and produced by Jeff Tweedy and recorded by Wilco at The Loft (Chicago, IL) in January 2019. The album is engineered and mixed by Tom Schick and mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering (Portland, ME).

WILM35-LP_a_6502a0eb-b25b-4d16-9f20-cb53b117cfac_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Deluxe edition is limited to 1000 copies, and is priced at $500!!! Details:

Exclusively available through the Wilco store, the Ode to Joy Deluxe Vinyl Box Set features a limited edition hand-numbered slipcased pop-up art book which includes:
  • Ode To Joy LP on 180 gram vinyl
  • LP jacket and inserts exclusive to this edition
  • A 22-page clothbound hardcover embossed book printed on 100 point archival paper. The book features collages and unique hand assembled paper constructions that animate and reveal album lyrics including pages engineered with pull out die cut pockets, spinning wheels, paper doors, and unfolding gatefold spreads.
Standard black pressing going for a much more reasonable $21.95. There is a limited edition pink version for the same price, but no pressing number listed. All sorts of bundles also available...
ode-cdii_540x.png

EDIT: here's the first single....

EDIT 2: EU store link here - https://wilco.bingomerch.com/

Last edited:
Just shared this in the pre-order thread but figured I should cross-post here too...

Ode to Joy – Wilco’s 11th studio album – will be released October 4, 2019 via dBpm Records. The album features 11 new songs written and produced by Jeff Tweedy and recorded by Wilco at The Loft (Chicago, IL) in January 2019. The album is engineered and mixed by Tom Schick and mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering (Portland, ME).

WILM35-LP_a_6502a0eb-b25b-4d16-9f20-cb53b117cfac_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Deluxe edition is limited to 1000 copies, and is priced at $500!!! Details:

Exclusively available through the Wilco store, the Ode to Joy Deluxe Vinyl Box Set features a limited edition hand-numbered slipcased pop-up art book which includes:
  • Ode To Joy LP on 180 gram vinyl
  • LP jacket and inserts exclusive to this edition
  • A 22-page clothbound hardcover embossed book printed on 100 point archival paper. The book features collages and unique hand assembled paper constructions that animate and reveal album lyrics including pages engineered with pull out die cut pockets, spinning wheels, paper doors, and unfolding gatefold spreads.
Standard pressing going for a much more reasonable $21.95. All sorts of bundles also available...

EDIT: first single....

EDIT 2: There's a pink EU pressing available too: https://wilco.bingomerch.com/

ode-cdii_540x.png

The US store has the Pink Variant as well. There is no picture but its a choice when you go to purchase the pre-order.
Which I did already.

Last edited:
I've seen Wilco 4 times. The first was before I knew who they were, they played before Morphine on the HORDE Tour (1995, has to look it up) so I just caught the end of their set. I saw them in Detroit at a free festival called Tastefest in 2003, not a great set at all, Tweedy seemed to be in kind of bad shape. I saw them a year later at Bonnaroo 2004 and it was a fantastic show...my favorite of the four shows. The last time was at The Fox in Detroit, I don't remember the year but while it was really good, the 'Roo show remains toppers for me. This is making me realize it's probably been a decade since I've seen them.

I'd love to go to the Mexico show but it's just not in the budget...but what a lineup.

I've seen them 4 times as well, once in a lineup with Bob Weir, My Morning Jacket and Bob Dylan.

That was a magical night

This was the final push I needed to buy tickets for the fall. It'll be my third time. My first was at this same outdoor amphitheater, also with MMJ and Dylan, which was probably my favourite show I've ever attended.

So glad I went in on tickets for this tour. New single is good and the NYC shows will be shortly after the release.

Listened to The Whole Love for the first time in quite a while tonight - I forget how many songs I love from that album... very nostalgic for me as well. Also love how on Side D of the vinyl version we get the full One Sunday Morning and that sweet bonus track.
The Whole Love was my first Wilco album! I couldn't believe it when I got deeper into them and I discovered how little people liked that record. I think it's fantastic.

Back