Wilco (The Thread)

Anybody watch Susie’s Instagram stream from Sky Blue Sky last night? It was basically the last hour of Wilco’s set, including the encore with Mavis Staples. Awesome stuff
Just watched some YouTube footage of them playing with Malkmus and then with Mavis. Sounded great, looked like a ton of fun.

Anyone know why the track orders on the vinyl and CD versions of The Whole Love are different? The CD was the first Wilco album I bought so that order is ingrained in me. Feels weird with the title track starting off side C instead of being the second last song on the album.

Anyone know why the track orders on the vinyl and CD versions of The Whole Love are different? The CD was the first Wilco album I bought so that order is ingrained in me. Feels weird with the title track starting off side C instead of being the second last song on the album.
I thought I read it was just to accommodate keeping each side of vinyl to an appropriate length?

I thought I read it was just to accommodate keeping each side of vinyl to an appropriate length?
That's what I would have assumed, but it's actually the same bunch of songs on the side as would have been for the CD order. "Whole Love" just goes from what would be the last song on the side to the first, jumping in front of "Capitol City."

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Anniversary Shows: NYC and Chicago.

Tickets on sale tomorrow at 11 am.
Presale Code: RESERVATIONS

I will attend at least one of these shows.

wilco
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot turns 20 in April. It’s time to celebrate.
The band will play the YHF material on a special run of tour dates in NYC and Chicago. That's it.

Wilcoworld presale starts tomorrow (Feb. 9 @ 10a CT/11a ET).
Use the code RESERVATIONS for early access to tickets. General on sale starts Friday.

We are touring to break your heart, HQ
Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Shows:
Fri. Apr. 15 - New York NY @ United Palace
Sat. Apr. 16 - New York, NY @ United Palace
Sun. Apr. 17 - New York, NY @ United Palace
Tue. Apr. 19 - New York, NY @ United Palace
Fri. Apr. 22 - Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre
Sat. Apr. 23 - Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre

Additional 2022 Wilco Tour Dates:
Fri. May 27-Sun. May 29 - North Adams, MA @ Solid Sound Festival
Sat. Jun. 11 - Oslo, NE @ Loaded Festival
Mon. Jun. 13 - Copenhagen, DK @ Amager Bio
Fri. Jun. 17 - Zeebrugge, BE @ Zeebrugge Beach Festival
Sat. Jun. 18 - Kent, UK @ Black Deer Festival
Wed. Jun. 22 - Barcelona, ES @ Poble Espanyol
Sat. Jun. 25 - Murcia, ES @ Plaza De Toros Murcia
Mon. Jun. 27 - Madrid, ES @ Noches Del Botanico
Mon. Aug. 28 - Martha’s Vineyard, MA @ Beach Road Weekend​

15 min till Tix go live.

Also Cross-post:
"According to a press release, there’s a Yankee Hotel Foxtrot archival reissue on the way, but further details for that project have not yet been announced."

I am on my hands and knee imploring you to @ me if you catch wind of this going live.
I cannot have a repeat of the Automatic for the People debacle on this one.

I thank you for time and consideration in advance.

two hours later, i finally got in and got some way up in the balcony.

it'll be my 20somethingish time seeing them, so just happy to be in the building. saw the YHF tour closers at that same theater 19 years ago so good memories.
Nice.
I'm in the mid-teens - and saw the YHF tour at the Boston Orpheum in 2002.

Looking forward to seeing YHF in full with this line up.

it'll be my 20somethingish time seeing them, so just happy to be in the building. saw the YHF tour closers at that same theater 19 years ago so good memories.
FWIW, I've been to many concerts at the Auditorium Theater over the years and one of the brilliant aspects of the Louis Sullivan/Frank Lloyd Wright design is that all the seats have a similarly great audio quality. As one example, I saw Radiohead sitting in the 2nd balcony, and it was one of the best sounding concerts I've ever attended.

FWIW, I've been to many concerts at the Auditorium Theater over the years and one of the brilliant aspects of the Louis Sullivan/Frank Lloyd Wright design is that all the seats have a similarly great audio quality. As one example, I saw Radiohead sitting in the 2nd balcony, and it was one of the best sounding concerts I've ever attended.
Yeah it’s one of my favorite places to see a show. Was lucky enough to be second row for those Radiohead shows. Those were intense😎

OOoof.

Not to rub it in....but I got third row Center for the final night of the NYC run.
Keep trying- you know it will be worth it.

Pumped for you guys!

So, Star Wars. Pretty incredible album. I never got around to actually picking it up since they released it for free on their website, but I'd like to fill out my Wilco collection. Any thoughts on the pressing? All of my other Wilco record sound great so I'm expecting the same.

Back