Wilco (The Thread)

One of the best shows of my life, and I wasn't even really into Wilco yet. I'd pay a lot to re-live that show.
Bummer - I got mine like a week or two after buying right when they announced it. đŸ˜•
Yeah, I'm assuming it's just regular holiday season busyness and cross-border stuff. Though I'll reach out if I don't get them in a couple weeks. Did yours include the code for the Nugs subscription as it mentioned?

I don't recall that being offered? I bought from the Wilco store, was that supposed to be part of it?
Ah, that might just have been through Nugs, then. (Apparently their shipping is notoriously slow, so that might also explain the difference in why I haven't received mine yet.) I bought from Nugs when I received this email over American Thanksgiving:

Screenshot_20220111-102612.png

I
Ah, that might just have been through Nugs, then. (Apparently their shipping is notoriously slow, so that might also explain the difference in why I haven't received mine yet.) I bought from Nugs when I received this email over American Thanksgiving:

View attachment 124597

I read somewhere that a vinyl edition was coming at a later date.

I'm holding out for those I think.

I had thought people were hoping for that, but I don't remember seeing that that was happening for sure. That's gonna be a big ass box.
"I wish I had a lotta answers
'Cause that's the way it should be
For all these questions
Being directed at me"
:cool:

Am I imagining things or was the 'Together At Last' Tweedy acoustic album hinted at being the first of many (or at least multiple) when it came out? In either case it sure would be nice to have another collection of songs in that vein.

Am I imagining things or was the 'Together At Last' Tweedy acoustic album hinted at being the first of many (or at least multiple) when it came out? In either case it sure would be nice to have another collection of songs in that vein.
I'm not sure, I don't remember much about that release apart from enjoying it from time to time as a sort of curio. I'd certainly welcome more, but it definitely seems from Jeff's output the last few years that he's much more interested in looking forward and creating brand new things than recording his older songs again.

If you enjoyed Together at Last, I recommend digging into the Roadcase on Wilco's site. Tons of great stuff on there, but there are a number of stellar shows of Jeff playing solo acoustic, including a 4-night run at Largo in L.A. (2013) where he played a total of 81 songs - and only repeated two I think. In other words, 79 solo acoustic versions of mostly Wilco songs, but also Uncle Tupelo, Loose Fur, Golden Smog, etc. Plus you get the commentary between songs, all of the snark, the extra claps and whistles. I find I never spin Together at Last because those songs just seem to lack some of that extra character. You may see it differently...but if not, you're in for a treat.

Back