What's Spinning

Thanks @yukbon...

This man would've been an incredible musician with all his faculties, much less with no sight...

Related story...

I happened to be at one of the 12 Bob Weir/Chris Robinson/Jackie Green Acoustic Trio shows they performed in 2012. The night was May 29th, 2012 in Asheville, NC- the night Doc Watson left this mortal coil. we were just a couple mountaintops away from his NC home. Word began to spread during the set break that Doc had moved on down the line and they got the word backstage. The second set opened with an unplanned cover of Doc's 'Deep River Blues'. I checked the setlist at the board after the show to verify the spontaneity. It was legit.

Doc influenced so many artists on so many different musical planes.

I was honored to be there to celebrate his ascension.

I was thankful W/R/G was cool with me documenting the proceedings...

Doc Watson - S/T

IMG_4898.jpeg

Thanks @yukbon...

This man would've been an incredible musician with all his faculties, much less with no sight...

Related story...

I happened to be at one of the 12 Bob Weir/Chris Robinson/Jackie Green Acoustic Trio shows they performed in 2012. The night was May 29th, 2012 in Asheville, NC- the night Doc Watson left this mortal coil. we were just a couple mountaintops away from his NC home. Word began to spread during the set break that Doc had moved on down the line and they got the word backstage. The second set opened with an unplanned cover of Doc's 'Deep River Blues'. I checked the setlist at the board after the show to verify the spontaneity. It was legit.

Doc influenced so many artists on so many different musical planes.

I was honored to be there to celebrate his ascension.

I was thankful W/R/G was cool with me documenting the proceedings...

Doc Watson - S/T

View attachment 200249

Glad it got there safe and sound! Enjoy!

Robbie Robertson – Killers of the Flower Moon Soundtrack

View attachment 200253
You step on the jewel case? Are they using more flimsy plastic on the CD jewel cases these days? I have found that to be the case with cassette cases. The new cassettes cases are much thinner and thus more breakable than the cases from 30+ years ago.

Back