Mitski – Laurel Hell
Dead Oceans – DOC250, 2022

Cut by Ryan Smith at Sterling
Pressed at GZ

cWRPbC.jpg

C5wZjJ.jpg

chris cohen - as if apart
E88E29E1-429A-4758-9902-92DCFD4BE74B.jpeg
this one arrived along with cohen’s third album yesterday, a free package courtesy of a certain corporate outlet’s outrageously exploitable loyalty program. i love cohen but this one felt like a step down from “overgrown path,” one of my favorite indie-rock records of the last decade or so. still, supremely pleasant music for lazily doing chores on a saturday afternoon

incredible record! went to look up the japanese press on discogs and see that you give it a sterling recommendation :)

etiquette question–would it be rude to ask about the tracking force on your turntable? i know the ortofon red tracks at about 2g but it looks like you've got the vtf set a bit lighter, but maybe you're using a scale and the counterweight is off?

incredible record! went to look up the japanese press on discogs and see that you give it a sterling recommendation :)

etiquette question–would it be rude to ask about the tracking force on your turntable? i know the ortofon red tracks at about 2g but it looks like you've got the vtf set a bit lighter, but maybe you're using a scale and the counterweight is off?
Thanks for checking out my Discogs review on this pressing. The counterweight is slightly off for this turntable. The actual tracking is set appropriately between 1.8 and 1.9 g. I'm afraid to track my Ortofon 2M Red any heavier than its recommended tracking force, which is about 2g.

Last edited:
Back