What's Spinning

Mike Gibbs - Revisiting Tanglewood 63: The Early Tapes (Jazz In Britain, 2021 Limited Pressing)

And finally, to complete the trio of sessions by Mike Gibbs we have the latest release from Jazz In Britain. Absolutely fantastic sessiond and incredibly well pressed. Superb stuff.

IMG_7485.JPG

The Dave Brubeck Quartet – The Last Set At Newport (Atlantic, 1972 First Italian Pressing)

RIP George Wein. When Brubeck played this set he did so with such ferocity and passion that it whipped the crowd into a frenzy, causing a riot that closed down the festival and the police had to turn up to regain order. Pretty powerful.

IMG_7481.JPG

Digital Underground - Sex Packets

Had some issues with this one, the first disc 1 was oval shaped and cut off the first song on both sides. Went to replace and disc 2 on the replacement had glue or something stick to it. Luckily we opened while there and Frankensteined a complete set. Make sure to check it if you purchase it. Not the best reissue I've bought, some crackles and pretty quiet. That being said, love this record.

57EC17D0-C4EB-4E43-8A08-770D3752416F.jpeg

Yeah I agree. Really like the stronger tracks but it’s tempo is pretty similar thought and irs really overlong.
I had it kinda in the background, and unlike normal it was pulling me in by how meh it was. I kept focusing thinking I was missing something. A lot of solid names together in this, but not much magic.

Back