What's Spinning

What was spinning:

SWANS - THE SEER

o8pe1sO.jpg

Tchaikovsky- The Nutcracker (Complete)
Original 1974 US Pressing 2 LPs
Recorded in Russia

Because amazing music shouldn't be relegated to Christmas. I found this mint copy (vinyl at least) for $8 while crate digging with @AnthonyI .

Don't pay big bucks for used classical. Lovely records are still available very inexpensively everywhere I've looked.

Says the guy who nearly paid $35 for an out of print Mussorgsky "Pictures and an Exhibition". I've got 5 versions already, 7 if you count Emerson Lake and Palmer.

IMG_3143.JPG

Duke Ellington and his Orchestra - The Ellington Suites

Every now and then I'll buy an album because I need to be able to play one particular song. It doesn't mean the others are no good but I would literally pay the same price if it was a 12" single or an album full of otherwise awful music. "The Single Petal Of A Rose" is just an achingly beautiful piano piece. Maybe it's a bit schmaltzy or whatever but I just adore it and it moves me every time I hear it. The rest of this comp is far from awful too!PSX_20190623_163655.jpg

Thinking back on a past challenge in the challenge thread - I would say this was a steal. Not much is known about this reissue/re-cut. But I think I lucked out when one night I just happened to think that I needed it in my collection and there it was on Amazon.

Annotation 2019-06-23 012224.jpg

It didn't stay in stock for long - pretty sure Amazon has this listed as an Australian import for some reason.

The Beatles ‎– Let It Be... Naked
Parlophone/Apple Records ‎– 07243 595438 0 2, 2003/?

Reissue - date unknown

Cut by Sean Magee

KqFOR5.jpg

qvmB1k.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking back on a past challenge in the challenge thread - I would say this was a steal. Not much is known about this reissue/re-cut. But I think I lucked out when one night I just happened to think that I needed it in my collection and there it was on Amazon.

View attachment 8164

It didn't stay in stock for long - pretty sure Amazon has this listed as an Australian import for some reason.

The Beatles ‎– Let It Be... Naked
Parlophone/Apple Records ‎– 07243 595438 0 2, 2003/?

Reissue - date unknown

Cut by Sean Magee

KqFOR5.jpg

qvmB1k.jpg

I need that. I checked the current price. I won't be getting that. I'm sad now.

Back