What's Spinning

Grateful Dead ‎– Wake Of The Flood / From The Mars Hotel (United Artists Records, 1977)

This is my first time hearing a Grateful Dead song, and I really enjoyed it. @Dark Star Boogie and @TenderLovingKiller® had some great feedback on the double album and which songs they prefered. I think I enjoyed 'At From the Mars Hotel' over 'Wake of the Flood' just for the liveliness of it. I would probably rank 'Weather Report Suite' as my favourite from 'Wake...' and 'Unbroken Chain' as my favorite from 'At the...' (honestly as soon as Unbroken Chain ended I listened to it again, its just a fantastically funky/jazzy song!)

Looking forward to digging into the band some more. Think I will listen to 'Workingman’s Dead' on my work commute tomorrow as that album seems to get mentioned a lot as one of their better ones.

Michael Brook With Brian Eno And Daniel Lanois ‎– Hybrid
Editions EG ‎– 28MM 0459, 1985

Japanese pressing

SFcjFN.jpg

SuaPFI.jpg

Thinking back on a past challenge in the challenge thread - I would say this was a steal. Not much is known about this reissue/re-cut. But I think I lucked out when one night I just happened to think that I needed it in my collection and there it was on Amazon.

View attachment 8164

It didn't stay in stock for long - pretty sure Amazon has this listed as an Australian import for some reason.

The Beatles ‎– Let It Be... Naked
Parlophone/Apple Records ‎– 07243 595438 0 2, 2003/?

Reissue - date unknown

Cut by Sean Magee

KqFOR5.jpg

qvmB1k.jpg
I want thing, I am hoping it might be included when the album is re-released and with the doc.

Back