What's Spinning

The Jazz Couriers With Ronnie Scott And Tubby Hayes - In Concert (Tempo, 1958 First Mono Pressing)

A fantastic live recording from what was arguably the greatest jazz group to be formed in Britain (although some contemporary groups are rivalling that claim!)

IMG_5302.JPG

Edit: This album was recorded live during their UK tour with the Dave Brubeck Quartet. Heres a copy of the programme from that tour, with a few photos etc.

Attachments

• IMG_5299.JPG
    IMG_5299.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5300.JPG
    IMG_5300.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5301.JPG
    IMG_5301.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Just had a real Wow moment with the Insight & this record! Sounds so much better. Never saw what the fuss was about having it on vinyl.
But now I see.
Enjoy your weekends Vinyl Party People!!😎
Hot take: It's definitely nice but it's the Daft Punk album that probably sees the smallest improvement. Then again I know they remastered it, probably because it's the only modern record to need a new mastering because they wore the original stampers out, so can't really comment if that's the one you have.

#1103-1104

Senegal 70
Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball

The music of each West African country is strikingly different and while I love the Funk of Benin, the Manding of Mali, and highlife of Ghana, for me best of - most beguiling of all - is Senegalese music. It's hypnotic with almost Islamic singing married to sinuous guitar. This compilation is great but it's worth checking anything out by Orchestre Baobab or Star Band de Dakar.
And a fresh grab - this sounds wonderful from Emmylou. Just wish she would re-release Stumble Into Grace.

View attachment 76040

View attachment 76041

Forgot to add this to Senegal 70 - from the great booklet, one of the best names men in music (he's produced several records I have in fact)

20201121_153457.jpg

Back