What's Spinning

Pee Wee Russell And Coleman Hawkins ‎– Jazz Reunion (Candid, 1961 First Pressing)

Another from the birthday boy, Coleman Hawkins. This is an album which I picked up at a carboot years ago. I only played it a couple of times then shelved it. A few months back I rediscovered it and its one I often think about, really superb session. Interestingly Pure Pleasure reissued it a few years ago and its pretty sought after I believe.
IMG_5283.JPG

Listen to Every Record You Own in 2020 #344
Saved A Great One For Last Edition

De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising

View attachment 75568

And this means...

I'M DONE!!!

16a9ca5cb8c31f5e1cc39b68d1d19538.gif
What will you do now? With everything played how will you choose? Or will you just be paralysed by indecision and never listen to anything ever again....
This is the beauty of my plan to never finish the play through. I’m currently at 4%

So the size of your collection was all part of some detailed long term planning for this eventuality?

Nice!
Sure. That’s the ticket!

I mean my daily listening habits are pretty bizarrely rigid and not conducive to getting through the whole collection in a timely manner. Plus I’d have to play ~5 a day to get through the collection in a year. Even if work allowed for that to be achievable, somewhere in the middle of the Carpenters’ Self Titled record, the experiment would come to a halt as my wife would MURDER me.

edit- I’m afraid that ten album stretch may be the cause of my death anyhow.

Sure. That’s the ticket!

I mean my daily listening habits are pretty bizarrely rigid and not conducive to getting through the whole collection in a timely manner. Plus I’d have to play ~5 a day to get through the collection in a year. Even if work allowed for that to be achievable, somewhere in the middle of the Carpenters’ Self Titled record, the experiment would come to a halt as my wife would MURDER me.

edit- I’m afraid that ten album stretch may be the cause of my death anyhow.

Im kinda surprised, and slightly disappointed, that you “only” have between 1500 and 2000 records 🤔

Back