What's Spinning

My collection #761-762

Kyeremateng - Gye Nyame
The Stone Roses - Second Coming

It's peeing it down with rain today (Norwegians often say autumn begins in August!) but it's sunny inside as the most gorgeous music from Ghana is playing. And forgot the Roses from yesterday - this doesn't hold a candle to their first album (in my all-time top 10) but on its own its Led Zep-esque vibes are pretty tasty. Their gig at Wembley in 1995 (last with John Squire until they started up again in 2012) is one of my best ever concerts.

20200802_141853.jpg

20200801_141734.jpg

My collection #763

Bob Dylan - The Cutting Edge: Bootleg Series Vol 12

Not sure what my favourite of the Bootleg Series is but this has to be up there. I think Bob was pretty much spot on in every case but he tried so many different ways out - it is fun to hear Desolation Row on the piano, Like A Rolling Stone both slowed down and speeded up, Visions of Johanna on speed. I downloaded the full 18-CD box and whole swathes of it are pretty much unlistenable with endless chat and false starts but there are some songs I wish made it here (the piano version of She's Your Lover Now, while there are some fab other versions of Desolation Row). Short version - it's Dylan at his absolute peak.

20200802_152404.jpg

Back