What's Spinning

The Verve - Urban Hymns (1997) - Spinning this today not only because it's a great album with one of my favorite 90's songs ("Sonnet") but also because I was happy to hear about Richard Ashcroft finally getting the royalties for "Bittersweet Symphony" back from The Rolling Stones after over 20 years

View attachment 2996
I was reading that too. He's had his ups and downs, I'm glad this got resolved. Such a beautiful album that transports me back to that time.

I will be glad spin some stuff tomorrow

100%

is this an original TT cabinet or did you make it

(y)

PLan to spin the new one first tomorroe

I really, really want this, I have the Rumours one
This is an original Magnavox console. Over the years I have gutted it replacing the turntable and speakers just because the originals were losing their luster...but I liked the console look so I’ve built around it.

Damn it was a good Record Store Day this year! This might be my favorite.

New to Fela Kuti, so if anyone has recommendations on where to go next, lead on!

View attachment 2981
Zombie is my favourite. Expensive Shit, Gentleman also great. But basically he has 20 records from late 70s that are all amazing.

This is an original Magnavox console. Over the years I have gutted it replacing the turntable and speakers just because the originals were losing their luster...but I liked the console look so I’ve built around it.
nice, I had a console but the TT died and I wasn't in a place to try and get it fixed or try gut it so I sold it

nice, I had a console but the TT died and I wasn't in a place to try and get it fixed or try gut it so I sold it
My gut job was totally off the cuff. My TT started sounding terrible suddenly so I had to act quickly or else...not listen to records (and that was not an option). The trick was finding a TT small enough to fit...those consoles have pretty small TTs. I found one on Amazon called a Project Elemental. I ordered it as it was around $200. When it arrived, there was some mix up and they sent me Project Essential RecordMaster TT...over double the value (but much larger than the Essential). So I broke out my carpenter hat...didn't really know I had one. With some wood from my garage and a level and some saws, drill etc...I have what I have today.

My gut job was totally off the cuff. My TT started sounding terrible suddenly so I had to act quickly or else...not listen to records (and that was not an option). The trick was finding a TT small enough to fit...those consoles have pretty small TTs. I found one on Amazon called a Project Elemental. I ordered it as it was around $200. When it arrived, there was some mix up and they sent me Project Essential RecordMaster TT...over double the value (but much larger than the Essential). So I broke out my carpenter hat...didn't really know I had one. With some wood from my garage and a level and some saws, drill etc...I have what I have today.

wow, there is no way I would have done that kind of surgery on a TT

Back