What's Spinning

Jim Croce - Photographs & Memories: His Greatest Hits (1974) - I've been wanting some Jim Croce for awhile so I picked this up at Rasputin Music in Berkeley last night for a couple of bucks. This is a posthumous greatest hits compilation released a year after his death in 1973.

View attachment 2565
I have this one as well and love it. The thing that blows my mind is that he died at 31, I think. I assumed from the picture that he was 40 something when the cover was shot. Hard life I guess...

I have this one as well and love it. The thing that blows my mind is that he died at 31, I think. I assumed from the picture that he was 40 something when the cover was shot. Hard life I guess...

I said the same thing to my wife. First of all, I didn't realize that he died so young but he definitely looks a lot older in pictures I've seen of him.

Happy birthday Eddie Harsch,

If folks know Eddie it's most likely from his work as a member of The Black Crowes. He also played with Muddy Waters, James Cotton and Albert Collins.

The man was a stud.

My favorite pic of Eddie beaming up...

Eddie Harsch Beams Up.jpg

Some of his most beautiful work on this coda. I love the way the rest of the band applauds him at the end.

890BBAB9-6C62-4560-ACE3-F93F4659E1D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Radiohead - "The King of Limbs"
I admittedly don't revisit this one too often, but the entire second half of this album is one of the best stretches of songs on any Radiohead album. Everything from "Lotus Flower" to "Separator" is absolute gold.
View attachment 2853

Agreed, Side B on this thing is damn fantastic!

One of my favourite jazz records of the past few years. Glass Museum - Deux. Thanks to @Skalap for this and more recent Belgian jazz suggestions, just a shame they seem to have the world's most expensive postal system!
View attachment 2869

Saw them on Saturday night. Show was amazing and music were powerful. They said they had a new album ready, should be out by the end of the year. Can't wait to listen for more.

Despite all the issues, I really love one of the central concepts of Anthology, letting a box set breath... having time to really explore the records.

I spent most of last week obsessing over the Horace Silver Trio. This was the plan, but I didn’t exactly expect a Bebop record to be as challenging as it was. I’ve gotten to know it and come to terms with it.

Now it’s time to get to know this record:

Despite all the issues, I really love one of the central concepts of Anthology, letting a box set breath... having time to really explore the records.

I spent most of last week obsessing over the Horace Silver Trio. This was the plan, but I didn’t exactly expect a Bebop record to be as challenging as it was. I’ve gotten to know it and come to terms with it.

Now it’s time to get to know this record:

I'm not understanding the excitement for this series. Premium price without a premium product- especially when there's the Tone Poet series from Blue Note themselves.

Back