What's Spinning

Etta Jones ‎– A Soulful Sunday: Live At The Left Bank Featuring The Cedar Walton Trio (Reel To Reel, 2018 Pressing Limited to 2000)

Another fabulous package in the same style as the Resonance Records releases. This superb record from Reel To Reel sees Etta Jones absolutely killing it, backed by the Cedar Walton Trio. Its just dynamite and comes with a great liner notes booklet with interviews etc!!

IMG_5594.JPG
IMG_5593.jpg

#193: Lee Morgan - The Cooker

View attachment 40003

This is the first Blue Note album I ever own, if I recall correctly. I didn't know a thing about Lee Morgan at the time, but picked the album simply because it featured Paul Chambers and a rendition of A Night in Tunisia. Now, a couple of years and a bunch of BN albums later, I like to come back to this album with new ears. I usually prefer the more muscular playing of Freddie Hubbard, but on certain days Lee is a damn good contender for my favorite trumpet player of all time.
My favourite jazz musician and one of his best albums! Great choice!

I need to check out that newer one. I had never heard him somehow, but it's right up my alley. I think I checked out on a @Dead C rec.

Yeah. I recommended it and then didn't buy it like a dumb ass. I was trying to hold off on buying stuff, for a minute. Then, when I went to check out later, it was gone.

Fortunately, the blue popped back up and I ordered it from Juno UK

Pop Crimes is worth checking out, too

Yeah. I recommended it and then didn't buy it like a dumb ass. I was trying to hold off on buying stuff, for a minute. Then, when I went to check out later, it was gone.

Fortunately, the blue popped back up and I ordered it from Juno UK

Pop Crimes is worth checking out, too
I am glad you were able to get yourself a copy of this. You were thirsty.

Back