What's Spinning

This was released 9 days ago. I posted it here earlier and mentioned it was my favorite record of 2020 so far.

After further listening and reflection I'd like to emphatically say it's my favorite record of 2020 so far.

@HiFi Guy @Enaz Fox @AndySlash @ranbalam @smokethepandas @imtheocean @wmeugene @Lee Newman @Matt M @JonnyH and many more who escape me at the moment - I think y'all would dig this.

The Third Mind - S/T

View attachment 33902View attachment 33903

3EFF90B0-A61F-438F-96C7-A439E36004EC.jpeg

the third mind - the third mind

wouldn’t have picked this up - or even known about it - without the tag. east-west is a groover, man. thanks, @Yer Ol' Uncle D

#161: Charles Lloyd - Forest Flower

View attachment 35766
The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#162: Local Natives - Hummingbird

IMG_20200307_200937.jpg

This record's got a cool story for me. First, it is a record I listened to A TON back in college, along with their debut Gorilla Manor (Hey there, VMP!). Second, and most importantly, as you can see, the record is signed by 3 of the band members. This happened after their 2017 show in Mexico City, about a week and a half after the earthquake that killed 200+ people in the city. The days between the earthquake and the concert were really hard, especially as I was working as a volunteer checking the houses of people who were afraid the construction may have been damaged by the earthquake. It was a physically and emotionally exhaustive job, so, when I found that Local Natives were playing 2 days before the show, I figured a little fun wouldn't hurt. It was a great show, it did help me erase all the pain and chaos from my mind, at least for a couple of hours. But what was the most exciting moment for me was when they said they had seen the damage in the people and the city, and announced that all the proceeds from the concert would go towards the victims. At the end of the concert I waited for the band to come out and thank them for that, and in the meanwhile I asked them to sign this record for me.

Last edited:
Back