What's Spinning

or we might stop pointlessly wrapping our records in disposable plastic, the single worst pollutant by a distance, being able to make that kind of a decision is truly what would separate us from the animals, as we can’t, draw your own conclusions...

I did not put the plastic wrap there, I just left it there so it wouldn't end up in a landfill.

I did not put the plastic wrap there, I just left it there so it wouldn't end up in a landfill.

Id love if they stopped using it. It’d be great if records came in a heavier plastic outer that you could just keep using ams there was no mining shrink. Does the aesthetic of it not annoy you though, all crinkled and blocking the sleeve.

Id love if they stopped using it. It’d be great if records came in a heavier plastic outer that you could just keep using ams there was no mining shrink. Does the aesthetic of it not annoy you though, all crinkled and blocking the sleeve.

In all seriousness, I agree wholeheartedly. On the one hand I'm glad it protects the record before I get it and on the other I know it is a total waste. I wish there was a biodegradable sleeve or something that won't break down with time but can be broken down responsibly when needed.

I disliked that picture yes, but not all crinkle like that.

on another note, how is the new turntable and the Grado treating you? Likey? It’s looking good in the pictures!

It's been great, dead quiet and great sound. I did find at least one song I like better with the 2M Blue.

The INXS album from earlier.. Never tear us apart has so much more punch on the blue. The grado is cleaner and way less finicky but that song has such sharp highs and lows that the blue brings out beautifully.

(I don't want to hijack this thread so we can discuss over in the hardware thread)

CBB05E41-9C0D-4157-9082-83A929CC5B58.jpeg

Another amazing album from the stack my friend was unloading. Amazing lost garage band gems!

Last edited:
Genesis ‎– The Story Of Genesis
Charisma ‎– SFX-10061~2, 1978

Japanese only 2 LP compilation

toYGwz.jpg

Ldv3gY.jpg

Back