What's Spinning

Cross post from the Feb Challenge Thread

Day 2 - Happy Groundhogs Day!

Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner (Anti, 2018 Pressing On Red Vinyl)

Moving away from jazz (as theres too many to choose from) and Tom Waits is someone I could listen to on repeat. I love his patter and wordplay on this album, it would of been fantastic to have been in the audience.

IMG_2900.JPG

812F91FA-34EB-4DEE-A017-B47772A56B87.jpegNOW SPINNING: Makaya McCraven - In The Moment

The fiancé will be spending her weekends for the next three months training to become a yoga instructor. I suspect I will be listening to many records during my newly found downtime. Time to expand the collection, really been enjoying my trip into International Anthem’s collection, just pre-ordered the new Alabaster Deplume! If anyone has favorites from this label please let me know!

Jaime Branch, Jeff Parker are both good, pretty much everything on IA is good, just depends on your taste you can give them a listen On Bandcamp to see if its your thing.
View attachment 31316NOW SPINNING: Makaya McCraven - In The Moment

The fiancé will be spending her weekends for the next three months training to become a yoga instructor. I suspect I will be listening to many records during my newly found downtime. Time to expand the collection, really been enjoying my trip into International Anthem’s collection, just pre-ordered the new Alabaster Deplume! If anyone has favorites from this label please let me know!

My collection #32

Ruby Rushton - Two For Joy

They may need to work on their covers (more evidence coming up later) but tlfor my money Ruby Rushton are as good as any band out of the current London jazz scene. This is their debut and features some great playing.

20200202_122349.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 31316NOW SPINNING: Makaya McCraven - In The Moment

Have you checked out Resavoir yet?

Back