What's Spinning

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better (thanks @debianlinux!)

ItNdnqN.jpg

So good.

Last edited:
Gogo Penguin - Ocean In A Drop

Really enjoying this. Feels a bit more jazz than some of their stuff but that might just be me. I'm not sure of the whole back story but I think they did live performances accompanying a film but this is not that music, but something close to it. Anyway, sounds good to me whatever the story...

20191104_211627.jpg

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#82: Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding

IMG_20191102_085524.jpg

It's not like this is a "Hidden gem" on Dylan's catalogue -after all it features one of his most famous songs-, but I feel like this album is not given the praise and respect it deserves. The fact that, at the time, it felt like a downstep or slowing down coming from the trilogy leading up to Blond on blonde has led some to dismiss this album as a "lesser" Dylan record. I love the images Dylan conjures in the lyrics, and the melodies in this album are very unique too. When I first listened to this album I was somewhat underwhelmed too, but have grown to regard it as one of Bob's best.

Back