What's Spinning

This was going to be my third week of clues for the November ROTM. I had planned to do a crossover of clues between here and the AOTM thread. Let's see if you can guess the common theme between all of these(although now that you know what it is, you'll probably guess it right away...)

First up...

Apollo Sunshine "Katonah"
View attachment 19791
Next...

Glass Animals "How To Be A Human Being"
View attachment 19865

Next is...

Weezer "Pinkerton"
IMG_20191017_182821.jpg

Anyone want to guess the theme that ties all this?

Beastie Boys ‎– Paul's Boutique
Capitol Records/UMe ‎– B0030361-01, 1989/2019

30th Anniversary - Album is spread over 2 LP's

Cut by Ian Sefchick at Capitol Mastering
Pressed at Pallas

zEyTAU.jpg

6t0kZw.jpg

Beastie Boys ‎– Paul's Boutique

And just a heads up - the new reissue for Ill Communication is a repress of the 2009 release

I haven't listened to the new Pallas pressing of it, but since I already have the 2009 release - I wouldn't have bought this one knowing it is essentially the same thing...color really isn't a reason for me to buy something twice anymore.

RE: Buckingham Nicks

So good

Annotation 2019-10-17 200244.jpg

I gave one away to a friend so I'm down to 3 copies....but I'm also on the lookout for an actual "RL" cut. Not sure if they made their way to the West Coast...as I've never have seen one. And I look at every copy of this I see in the bins.

Hey everyone - it's been a very long time since I've posted in here. Apologies for the awkward picture; I'm still not quite sure how to photograph this new set up very well (edit: the record jacket is *not* laying directly on the turntable, even though that's what it looks like in this picture lol)

The Cardigans - First Band on the Moon

20191017_234518.jpg

RE: Buckingham Nicks

So good

View attachment 20032

I gave one away to a friend so I'm down to 3 copies....but I'm also on the lookout for an actual "RL" cut. Not sure if they made their way to the West Coast...as I've never have seen one. And I look at every copy of this I see in the bins.

A classic for sure. They sound so young.

Mine looks to be a ‘73 PRC US pressing. Got used but looked pretty new. No ring marks or visible paper marks. Mild surface noise in a couple spots but that could be original pressing. Sounds good. Cover has just enough wear to look original. Always on the look out for another one at a good price. :).

A classic for sure. They sound so young.

Mine looks to be a ‘73 PRC US pressing. Got used but looked pretty new. No ring marks or visible paper marks. Mild surface noise in a couple spots but that could be original pressing. Sounds good. Cover has just enough wear to look original. Always on the look out for another one at a good price. :).

I've been fortunate that I've picked mine up at decent prices...around 10 bucks or so.

My local store had one recently, but they were asking a bit too much with me having 3 copies already. I probably would have gotten it if it was an Robert Ludwig cut though, but it wasn't.

I have one that is a PRC

This one is a mix of a Sterling cut on one side, but a Masterdisk on the other.

The other 2 are both identical Gatefold Monarch pressings.

For a release that is OOP and somewhat hard to find, there are a ton of various pressings of it out there.

Last edited:
Back