What's Spinning

RADWIMPS - Your Name.

PGDHW5W.jpg

rewatched the other day, so naturally I will be listening to the soundtrack for the next week.

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#58: Theon Cross - Fyah

IMG_20191005_094558.jpg

OutKast - ATLiens
1996 - LaFace - Carlton Batts cut

View attachment 19129

Finally pulled the trigger on a decently priced copy of this.

How is this pressing? I'm assuming this is one of the more recent reissues?
This is one of my favorite albums but I'm kind-of holding out for a deluxe pressing with the full comic insert from the CD.
One can dream.
Also nice TT.

How is this pressing? I'm assuming this is one of the more recent reissues?
This is one of my favorite albums but I'm kind-of holding out for a deluxe pressing with the full comic insert from the CD.
One can dream.
Also nice TT.
Nah, I meant an original. It's pretty great except I jinxed myself and got some really loud pops in one spot after I posted. That would be awesome if they did a 12" version of the comic.

Ichiro Fujiya, Takeshi Kurihara ‎– Elephant And A Barbar (Musilogue, 2019 pressing limited to 150 with screen printed cover).

I love this album and its just incredibly well done. Its one of the rare instances, for me, where the music evokes images of the title of the album, in this case an Elephant. The deep, rumbling bass really does feel like an elephant making its way through your living room :ROFLMAO: and the airy sax just adds mystery to the sound. Its just fantastic!

IMG_7968.JPG

Back