What's Spinning

Thelonious Monk with Johnny Griffin - In Action (Riverside, 1958 First UK pressing)

Just a superb live session with the Thelonious Monk Quartet and Johnny Griffin. Really great record, worth looking out for and relatively cheap to get a good copy of the first pressing.

60085930-D00A-4478-BCE5-0C1608C14BFE.jpeg

F1EAC4D7-B28A-4067-AA01-CEF66608ACB9.jpeg

Santana “Lotus”. 1975 Euro Pressing. Killer early live Santana. 3lp set Recorded live at Osaka Koseinenkin Hall July 3, 4 1973, Japan.

Sorry about the glare. All inserts and photo booklet are inside a nicely designed but very fragile cover so I don’t want to handle it to often. Vinyl in great shape and check out those center labels.

Lee Morgan - Dizzy Atmosphere (Specialty, 1967 First Mono pressing)

This recording is HUGE. Its often categorised as a Lee Morgan lead session, but in reality its the members of the Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra in a hard-bop setting. I can't quite describe the amount of energy in this, it's insane. Morgan was just 18 at the time of recording but he honestly stands up against all of the other seasoned musicians, even surpassing them at times. Really worth looking out for this album, I managed to get this for less than I expected because of the tape to the cover, but the record itself is in superb condition, no ticks or surface noise at all which I always find phenomenal for a 62 year old album!

On a side note, if anyone has any tips for removing old tape, that would be much appreciated!

IMG_7920.JPG

Lee Morgan - Dizzy Atmosphere (Specialty, 1967 First Mono pressing)

This recording is HUGE. Its often categorised as a Lee Morgan lead session, but in reality its the members of the Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra in a hard-bop setting. I can't quite describe the amount of energy in this, it's insane. Morgan was just 18 at the time of recording but he honestly stands up against all of the other seasoned musicians, even surpassing them at times. Really worth looking out for this album, I managed to get this for less than I expected because of the tape to the cover, but the record itself is in superb condition, no ticks or surface noise at all which I always find phenomenal for a 62 year old album!

On a side note, if anyone has any tips for removing old tape, that would be much appreciated!

View attachment 19066

Is that masking tape? Maybe some Goo Gone? It worked wonders on an old sticker I had to remove from a record sleeve.

Is that masking tape? Maybe some Goo Gone? It worked wonders on an old sticker I had to remove from a record sleeve.

Ronsonol lighter fluid and a hair dryer (LP removed from sleeve) and lots of patience.

Back