What's Spinning

"I hear the record crackle
The needle skips and jumps
And I ain't never seen a movie
That moved me half as much"

Chuck Prophet - Bobby Fuller Died For Your Sins

Really good record. Chuck has done quality work for a long time. His voice, delivery and lyricism remind me a lot of Ray Davies. You'd probably dig the Kinkiness @HiFi Guy. Also the only record in my collection with a die cut gatefold with a big pin-on button poking out.

20190911_000439.jpg

Last edited:
Been a little record’d out so doing something different tonight. There’s something so sublime about putting on a chillhop mix on the TV and sitting back on the couch with a beer.

The animated art scenes in these things always inspire me for some reason. Reminds me that happiness and peace can be found in the smallest and seemingly most insignificant of moments if we allow it to manifest. For those feeling that listening fatigue, give this a go. Been my way to unwind recently. Anyone else into Chillhop live-streams?84BC8E25-3C82-4174-B42E-A6BDD012C19B.jpeg

Done with 4 straight nights of work....ready for some days off.

Subhumans ‎– Crisis Point
Pirates Press Records ‎– PIR248, 2019

45RPM
Clear w/ Black Smoke "Galaxy" variant - limited to 1000

Pressed at GZ/Pirates Press

UVIQg6.jpg

9Mz4fX.jpg

IMG_20190911_102129.jpg
Nuvo West - Scary

I live in Oklahoma City and we don't have too many local indie record stores, but the few that we have are very good. Anyway there's this huge one called Trolley Stop and it's owned by this old hippie guy who has probably close to 100000 records. I went hardcore digging through the 80's section and found this hidden gem. I knew from the cover that it was something special.

I did some research and discovered that this was a obscure local Synth-Wave/New-Wave band from Arizona who released this one 6 song record. It seems to be a private press. Those who know about them describe their music as "desert synth". That's not too far off. I'd say they have a great mix of Gary Numan mixed with some Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark but played with a more speedier pace. Vocals sound like an imitation of the UK lol.

It's great stuff.

Back