What's Spinning

Beastie-Boys-Hello-Nasty-1530904847-640x640.jpeg

Is that the 4 LP with the live gig as well? Thinking of getting that one, but on a severe diet at the moment. .
The Art Ensemble of Chicago - We Are On The Edge: A 50th Anniversary Celebration (Erased Tapes Records, ERATP123LE, UK, 2019)

View attachment 14616

Making headway into this boxset and so far loving it.

Is that the 4 LP with the live gig as well? Thinking of getting that one, but on a severe diet at the moment. .

Yes, this is the 4LP one. I've only listened to the first (studio) set today but I really liked it. The old AE ethos is there but it really feels more like the best of the stuff coming out of Chicago today. I know you'll love it if you can stretch to it.

Thoughts on this one,? I was drawn to the cover when I saw it popping up on the monthly hhv sales. Good pressing?

Yeah, impressive actually. It's by the new Dublin pressing plant and it really is a clean, good quality slab.

Yes, this is the 4LP one. I've only listened to the first (studio) set today but I really liked it. The old AE ethos is there but it really feels more like the best of the stuff coming out of Chicago today. I know you'll love it if you can stretch to it.

Yeah, impressive actually. It's by the new Dublin pressing plant and it really is a clean, good quality slab.

Cool I think I'll pick it up. I remember reading they were redoing these from lost tapes recorded especially for the CBC it with such projects it's hard to tell if you get clean audio in the end.

Back