What's Spinning

Barbara Thompson: 1944-2022

Barbara Thompson's Paraphernalia - S/T (MCA Records, 1978 First Signed Pressing)

Really sad to hear of the passing of Barbara Thompson a couple of days ago. She was a legendary, pioneering musician that pushed jazz-rock into the world. She appeared on countless albums over the years, as a side-woman, lead, and composer, always providing her unique flair. On a personal note, she lived just down the road from me at the home and recording studio that she built with her drummer husband Jon Hiseman. Very sad news.

IMG_2167.JPG

I played this last night, but noticed I posted it in the challenge thread.

Puscifer – Bullet Train To Iowa
Puscifer Entertainment – 4050538714470, 2022

Bullet Train To Iowa remixed by Billy Howerdel
The Underwhelming remixed by James Iha

Limited to 2000 on Clear w/ Multicolor Splatter

Pressed at GZ/Precision Record Pressing

j858ZG.jpg

ryO36e.jpg

I got this from @tvham for doing working on some warps on the vinyl flat. For some reason I never picked up this greatest hits since I have all the studio albums, but this actually sounds pretty good.

Queen – Greatest Hits
Hollywood Records – D003654901, 1980/2020

Target exclusive - on "Ruby Blend" Red w/ Orange Swirl vinyl

Cut at half speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios
Pressed at GZ

QPfuRz.jpg

sTUV0Z.jpg
I'm glad you like it! It's a pretty great compilation.

20220711_114317.jpg

Collection play-through (beginning of the 4th cube). Elliot Smith - Either / Or. I haven't heard this in quite a while but its a great album. Went through a huge Elliot Smith phase in the 2000s and this is my fave and the only album of his I have. This issue has a bonus record with some live and demos which is nice.

Back