What's Spinning

Sun Ra - Standards

20210727_172021.jpg

Was trying to choose a record to play while making supper and the 4-year-old (as of tomorrow) suggested Sun Ra. I'm ecstatic about this!

When asked whether it should be weird, nice or funky Sun Ra the answer, after some thought, was nice Sun Ra - which is good because the wife is home any minute and I don't think she'd be happy to arrive to weird Sun Ra! 🤣

Clifford Brown - Memorial Album

E7V_KOiWQAQMsF1.jpg

Whats the live title on Gearbox like? I've often looked at it but never picked it up.
This one - Nucleus/Leon Thomas - Live 1970?

Have to say that I never even knew it existed until you mentioned it. Im definitely going to look into it though, looks to be readily available for around the £20-£25 mark as well which isnt bad for a 2LP set.

Cheers!

This one - Nucleus/Leon Thomas - Live 1970?

Have to say that I never even knew it existed until you mentioned it. Im definitely going to look into it though, looks to be readily available for around the £20-£25 mark as well which isnt bad for a 2LP set.

Cheers!

that's the one. You might want to try Jazzmessengers (It's been waiting for funding in my basket since before RSD)

Wes Montgomery - Back On Indiana Avenue: The Carroll DeCamp Recordings (Resonance Records, 2019 Limited Pressing)

A great 2LP set. This cost me just £13 inc shipping, so certainly worth that and more!!!

View attachment 106957
Here is a couple nice videos on this one I had bookmarked. I have hemmed and hawed about the recording quality to be honest. Thoughts ?

Back