What's Spinning

The Collection Playthrough

So I'm caught up, I think? So a mix of weekly play / fresh grabs

077 - Billy Strings - Home

This was an N&G hype special, really top tier jamming bluegrass (I guess? Not sure genre wise). A really cool listen, though the re-sale prices on this one may win out over time.

078 - Brandi Carlile - The Story

Stone cold classic that they took their sweet darn time repressing. Glad this one is at least a little more available now.

079 - Shakey Graves - Roll The Bones X.

OK, so this one fascinates me. I am not a big Shakey Graves fan per se, and this was a record club selection. This thing really hit me well though. There is a really nice Springsteen cover on it and the originals have aged well. This is also what I think of in terms of a great "value add" type of release. 2 gorgeous LPs (the gold/black color scheme is an absolute stunner in person), a full on booklet on the inside with a lot of his history and process of building the album, and a really nice overall package. And this is the MRC release people are itching to trade off. Go figure.

080 - Lorde - Melodrama

One of my favorite albums of the 2010s, and arguably the best overall pop release. This was one of those that got "fixed" with a TT upgrade. However, like with Billy, given that the Deluxe is going for absurd amounts, I may end up selling this one and downgrading to a black copy at some point.

081 - Various Artists - Forrest Gump (OST)

One of the greatest "big song" soundtracks ever. I mean, this kind of built my knowledge base of classic rock in my teens. Huge sentimental favorite

082 - Joni Mitchell - Blue.

OK I listened to a lot of good stuff here.

PXL_20210727_152935588.jpg

Back