What's Spinning

The Collection Playthough

026 - Various Artists - Girls Volume 1: Music From The HBO Original Series
027 - Tegan and Sara - Get Along
028 - Tegan and Sara - The Con
029 - Various Artists - Sing Street (OST)

The Girls collection was a Goodwill Discogs grab and was honestly a nice treat. For me, Girls was a show that was emblematic of some segment of the culture in my early 20s and while I found a lot of it to be hard to digest, they did get some real jams (as honestly most media did at that point for this particular audience). Includes songs from Robyn, Fun, Santigold, Grouplove, and Icona Pop, with Side B being a lower key affair but full of talent. Volume 2 may actually be a better collection of artists for my tastes, but this was fun in its own right.

Get Along is a great example of why I wanted to do this. This was my first RSD purchase and I really hadn't spun it in a long time. I loved it. Get Along is basically a live album that plays a lot like their own version of MTV Unplugged. Very acoustic heavy which really highlights their lyricism and voices. Honestly, despite the number of T&S I own, I never, really, connected with them like I thought I should. This got my closer than I had been in a while. It's also a really good and relatively affordable Greatest Hits substitute (to that point). This led into The Con, which is in my view their definitive album, and a really solid pressing. I talked about it a bit in the Non-Definitive Thread.

Finally, closed it out with Sing Street, which if you haven't seen it is an absolute romp of a coming of age movie. The sound track is a mix of some top flight 80s popular rock and some of the best original music made for a movie in recent times. Drive It Like You Stole It is the star song but they're all really good.

PXL_20210702_175337072.jpg

Finally picked this up the other week and very happy I did. The book style cover beats the traditional multi panel foldout used elsewhere, hands down. Just feels much sturdier, and everything’s easier to access.
As for the music, great live vibe and albums 3 and 4 rock, especially (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth

Metallica
S&M2

View attachment 104491

I love Metallica and I love scores to movies, but I couldn't get into the original S&M at all. Never even tried to listen to this one.

The Residents ‎– Meet The Residents
Modern Harmonic ‎– MH-8237, 1974/2021

Mono - limited to 500

Cut by Warren Defever at Third Man Mastering
Pressed at Third Man Pressing

XaTH80.jpg

QVoYKx.jpg

Back