What's Spinning

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things

E5FtmV1XwAAIsqm.jpg

Respectfully spun for @Thackeraye, this is one of my favorite albums ever.
A promo pressing of this: Elvis Costello – My Aim Is True (1977, Yellow Back, Pitman Press, Vinyl)

View attachment 104229

And, if not a fan, at least appreciate that I am aware that there is a Scottish football player who was also born Declan McManus!
Many thanks!

I've actually always wanted to pick up this album. I love the cover, and early Costello is a bit of a gap in my listening history/collection. I know all the singles through radio play, but I've never really explored the albums.

Great choice.

Collection Playthrough

024 - The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
025 - Ingrid Michaelson - Girls and Boys

So, I have a bunch of "T" artists I need to run through the spin clean, but it's nearing 100 degrees here and my spin clean room has no AC...so I'll play some of the fresh grabs. These two thematically seem to pair purely based on name.

I think of The Hold Steady as one of my musical nexus points where, had I appreciated them a bit more at the time, my overall music taste may be dramatically different. Boys and Girls in America came out in 2006 just as I was graduating high school and I had really had my fill of the classic rock that dominated my teens. THS was one of the first bands I really took a look into. I never really got much farther in that mid-2000s garage rocky feel but this album stuck with me. I recently saw a pretty gorgeous purple variant on Ebay and figured it'd be a nice one to have. It's also the rare non "sad girl summer" (my GF's phrasing) records I've spun with her recently and she dug it, so that alone lets it keep a place in my collection.

Ingrid on the other hand is an artist I've dug for a long time but never really found the right opportunity to add her to my collection, mostly because she made some interesting decisions on the songs she included on her early releases. Honestly, nothing really grabbed me so this one will probably end up in the Sell/PIF file, though condition is great on it.

PXL_20210630_165100996.MP.jpg

PXL_20210630_165225853.jpg

Back