What's Spinning

Lionel Hampton - Hamp! (World Record Club, 1962 First UK Pressing)

And another carboot find. I have tried being more selective than usual but stuff like this always seems interesting to me. Maybe at the end of summer I will collate the ones that I am not going to listen to as much and pif them or something. For now though this is superb.

IMG_9419.JPG

#1512-1513

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Pyjaen

My choice of listening is sometimes determined by who's home. My girlfriend hates noisy rock and jazz so as she's out working today these were the obvious choices from my listening pile. Daydream Nation was one of my first ever vinyl purchases but my parents must have sold it so buying this cheap 4LP box was a no brainer. Really enjoy the live songs. And Pyjaen is one of the best of the recent London jazz albums - so lively.

20210426_134052.jpg

20210426_100405.jpg

Been trying not to buy so much new stuff (I've said that before 😂), so I've been digging out some old stuff I haven't listened to in a while. Some albums from my latin section this morning. I picked up the Bataan last year, but the Seguida has been in my collection for 12 years and the Irakere for 15 years and I don't think I've spun them more than once or twice. The Irakere is an Italian pressing with a very NSFW cover, but that album is really good.

Joe Bataan - Singin' Some Soul
Image 81.JPG

Seguida - Love Is...
Image 82.JPG

Irakere - Grupo Irakere
Image 83.JPG

Back