What's Spinning

#1498-1509

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou x 8
Lulus Band x 3
Kathryn Williams - Kiss The Forehead

Sunday nights often ends up being 7s night. It's when I have enough patience to get up and down every other minute. It's made easier by all the Poly-Rythmo I have to listen to, aided today by three more from Lulus Band of Kenya, and a bit of Scouse from Kathryn Williams. Bliss. Most of the colours of the rainbow too on the labels.

20210425_155506.jpg

Tubby Hayes and the All Stars - Tubby’s Back in Town
Smash (1963)

@Selaws I came across this one and had to pick it up - I hadn’t heard Tubby before and this one has Kirk with him, so a pretty easy sell. Some great stuff on here!

View attachment 96893
Fantastic find, absolutely killer album! Tubby hadn't even met most of the musicians before the recording for this either which makes it all the more impressive how well they gelled.

The UK pressing (released the same year) is titled 'Tubby Hayes And The All Stars ‎– Return Visit!' with this different cover art:

IMG_9391 2.JPG

Fantastic find, absolutely killer album! Tubby hadn't even met most of the musicians before the recording for this either which makes it all the more impressive how well they gelled.

The UK pressing (released the same year) is titled 'Tubby Hayes And The All Stars ‎– Return Visit!' with this different cover art:

View attachment 96921
Nice, I figured you had it in some capacity. That UK cover with the session photos is pretty sweet.

Back