What's Spinning

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a1535970875_16.jpg

One of two albums I picked up at the end of 2020 that I just got around to cleaning & playing today!

Linda Clifford - Let Me Be Your Woman

717CF266-D11E-44A3-9E6B-47DD2415E398.jpeg

A 1979 disco album that includes an... interesting 7-and-a-half minute version of “Bridge Over Troubled Water” (10-and-a-half on the unedited 2LP pressing).

Right on! The first person other than myself I recall playing some T-Model.

What a story - started playing guitar at 58, made his first record at 75. That's the blues, people.

The first time I saw T-Model was in the mid 90's. It was a duo set with Spam on drums opening for RL Burnside. They basically had to tell T-Model to stop playing so RL could come out and do his set.

I got to know T-Model during the last 10 years of his life. So kind, so gracious, SO DAMN FUNNY!

He'd let me record his shows when he came thru. Here's a clip from one...

One of my most prized musical possessions is this handbill T-Model autographed for me. Now, you need to understand, T-Model never learned to write and he didn't autograph things very often. Imagine if someone gave you a pencil and paper and told you to draw the Pink Floyd DSOTM cover - that's what it was like seeing T-Model sign his name. It was coming totally from visual memory, a 'picture' of his signature. Watching the process made me so incredibly appreciative that he'd do that for me.

RIP T-Model. Thanks for everything.

20210126_225538.jpg

Last edited:
Back