What's Spinning

#1267-1269

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
The Latin Brothers - Dale Al Bombo

My first and still favourite jazz record. All the talk on the definitive pressing thread led me to dig out my two copies, the mono RSD cut and the 2LP MOV. The former wins but happy to have both - and no need to upgrade. Plus, some great Colombian salsa.

20210120_210851.jpg

20210119_195113.jpg

Tenderlonious - Tender In Lahore (22a, 2020 Limited 10" Pressing)

I listened to Tenderlonious' 'Raga's From Lahore' the other day and decided to spin this after enjoying it so much. Its a fantastic session, really enjoyable and perhaps my favourite album of this sub-genre.

IMG_7463.JPG

Tenderlonious - Tender In Lahore (22a, 2020 Limited 10" Pressing)

I listened to Tenderlonious' 'Raga's From Lahore' the other day and decided to spin this after enjoying it so much. Its a fantastic session, really enjoyable and perhaps my favourite album of this sub-genre.

View attachment 84810
There's a Jaubi album coming out soon from the same sessions, and it's v good (their A&R guy let me hear it in advance). And there was that DOOM tribute track - it was clearly a productive few days

There's a Jaubi album coming out soon from the same sessions, and it's v good (their A&R guy let me hear it in advance). And there was that DOOM tribute track - it was clearly a productive few days
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, I will have to keep my eye out for that one.

I was lucky enough to travel around India a few years ago and the music on this album is the closest to that which I heard over there. I realise this was recorded in Pakistan so I'm sure there are musical differences that I'm not familiar enough with to pick up, but it takes me back to the trip every time I listen to it. I love it when music can do that.

Robert McNaughton, Ken Hale, Steven A. Jones ‎– Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
Waxwork Records ‎– WW088, 1991/2021

Subscriber variant - Clear w/ Red Blood Trail color in color

Cut by Adam Gonsalves at Telegraph Mastering

ShIWuW.jpg

DUYhzL.jpg

Pearl Jam "Live At Easy Street" (2006 Monkeywrench; 2019 RSD reissue)

Pressed at RTI and packaged in a tip-on jacket. Both the live recording and the pressing are fantastic. The only knock is that it's only 7 of the songs from the show. I'd love a pressing of this entire set. But these tracks are some burning hot rock and roll.

IMG_1242.JPG

I pre-ordered this from Amazon a while before release - only for them to cancel it...then I had to scramble to find some US retailer that had it. Turntable Lab came through - and it must have been their last one, as it went OOS right when I ordered it. I was somewhat worried they didn't actually have it.

MOV releases are a pain in the ass sometimes to get here in the US - some releases I can get from Amazon, but others are very difficult.

Wojciech Kilar ‎– Bram Stoker's Dracula (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Music On Vinyl ‎– MOVATM284, 1992/2020

Numbered/Limited to 2500 on red vinyl, #0826

Pressed at Record Industry

PjFLJu.jpg

OFMhYB.jpg

Back